echo cs620p or husqvarns 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fans of the Echos always speak highly of their build quality, durability and reliability.

Sometimes folks have legitimate reasons to favor one brand over another. Perhaps they have a favorite dealer, and that's the line they carry. Or maybe they've had several prior positive experiences with the brand. To some people, these considerations would sway them towards either the Echo or the Husky on name alone. Oftentimes Economy is a consideration.

The 60cc class (a size I have always considered in the past to be a 'tweener') has several interesting saws from all manufacturers available right now. In addition to the two you have asked about is the new Dolmar 6100, the mTronic 362, Efco/OleoMac's offering, the Echo 590 and 600, Husky's 555 and the Jonsered 2258 or 2260, as well as several "homeowner" offerings.

All that said, between those two, I'd go with the 562.

My pick of the whole field? The Jonsered 2260.

Why? For Me, a 60cc saw has got to show Real weight savings to have Any consideration over a 70cc saw. And the 555/2258/2260 look to be among the very lightest of the current 60cc offerings. They have good power, and several of our porters here have good experience with them. I like outboard clutches, especially in smaller saws. The Auto Tune is attractive to me. And finally, for my own reasons, I'm slightly brand biased toward the Jonsered or Husky lines.

The 620 is heavier than the Stihl 362. Honestly doubt anyone here will have a lot of time on a 620 so most of the talk will be based on specs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Havent ran a 620, but the 562 is definitely a nice running saw. Echo's are definitely built real well, at least the ones I have owned sure were. Which dealer do you like better, or feel that you have better service from?

Havent ran a 620, but the 562 is definitely a nice running saw. Echo's are definitely built real well, at least the ones I have owned sure were. Which dealer do you like better, or feel that you have better service from?

The best question asked yet.

Just remember that you're not buying a product. You're buying a service.

The 620 is geared more towards the 365xt area. Given that they're only 59.8cc, the power band and design leans toward your 24 inch b&c area. In 16 inch or smaller wood I'm sure the 562 will be faster and easier to use. But if you're bucking logs the 620 isn't a bad option.

dealer support is great on both brands.
there is no dolmar,jonsered or efco dealers close
this saw will be replacing my 577 shindaiwa

I watched your vid again by chance the other day. And a brand new saw ~1.5 sec behind the current leader ain't to bad in my book! That reminds me of the video of "166" comparing a brand new 6100 to the 562 and it was even closer!
So what does this tell us? That isn't enough in my world to warrent about double the price for "awsomeness" where I live and there sure is a lot of hype going on. Kind of reminds me of former times when the same was going on for the 361. The whole bull$€!% about "curring cancer", "saving the world", etc. sure was a big pain and hardly trying to be objective.

I watched your vid again by chance the other day. And a brand new saw ~1.5 sec behind the current leader ain't to bad in my book! That reminds me of the video of "166" comparing a brand new 6100 to the 562 and it was even closer!
So what does this tell us? That isn't enough in my world to warrent about double the price for "awsomeness" where I live and there sure is a lot of hype going on. Kind of reminds me of former times when the same was going on for the 361. The whole bull$€!% about "curring cancer", "saving the world", etc. sure was a big pain and hardly trying to be objective.

There's a lot more to it than cutting speed... But that new Dolmar 6100 looks like a fine saw!

Back