New Saw -- What Would You Do ? 346xpg, 550xpM2, 562xp, 390xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd W

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Currently have a 346xpg that I absolutely love for it's size and RPM, great saw for limbing and general work around my property. I had a 372xp I HATED, and destroyed accidentally with a tree... now I have a 390XP that I love.

soo 346xp does most the work and 390xp for the big trees and oaks.

Debating about adding a 550xpm2 or 562xp

What would you go with and why?

My concern is the 550xpm2 is really close to my 346 -- not sure I'd see any benefits? 562 is slightly heavier, but should be a noticeable power bump.

Where might the 562 mkII be in stock? All sites I usually buy from only show the older\ non MKII variant?

@Franny K the 372xp was from 2014?15? I forget...

562 has a very nice power to weight and handles nice. The 1 I occasionally use doesn't start easily for me is what i don't like. If I knew its characteristics better would help but still other 60cc saws pull over somewhat smoother and easier . Haven't used my 550xpg much but have no complaints about it other then I don't like the switch location for the heated handle on the handle bar that puts it near the ground when cutting stumps low.

Latest posts

Back