• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Faithful old girl 029

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoreyB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Today I offer the most reliable, faithful saw I have ever owned. This girl may not be the one you show off to all your buddies but when you need taken care of this is the girl you take out to the timber because she loves to gobble up the wood. She may not be a speed queen or a beauty queen but she is the one you can take out all day and flog her with as much wood as you can throw at her.
All joking aside my arthritis and carpal tunnel are really catching up with me very fast. I have relied on this stihl 029 for many years and even planned on a few more however it is time for a smoother saw. I really do not want to have to give up my favorite time in the timber. So for me to justify the purchase of a new saw I must sell her.

Included is a great running stihl 029, a 20 in bar with two brand new stihl chains and 3 very good condition used chains. Two of which are new this year with over 75% life left the other is over 50%
Also a 16 in bar and one chain
I sharpen all my own chains with a granberg file-n-joint
This is a all in one firewood gatherers setup that can provide many warm winters
INCLUDED
Stihl 029
New plug, new air filter and ready to go for the season.
One used air filter
A 20 in bar
2 new 20 in stihl chains
3 used 20 in chains all freshly sharpened
1 16 in bar
1 used 16 in chain freshly sharpened
I will continue to use this saw until she sell as it is my main firewood saw.
This saw is used but has been well maintained and I trust it to keep my family war.

20150911_001136.jpg 20150911_001122.jpg 20150910_235244.jpg 20150910_235227.jpg 20150909_235811.jpg 20150909_234200.jpg 20150909_233712.jpg 20150907_135839.jpg
Here she is cutting with a dull 16 in chain after a cutting all day long

I know someone needs a good reliable firewood saw. Please help me find this old girl a good home. I would hate to see one of those saw fight club guys get ahold of her.

I sold an 026 Pro last year for 225 and it was a really nice saw. Drop an 039 top end in her and she'll feel like a new saw. You'll get a power boost as well. Otherwise I think it'll be tough to get 325 for a well used non pro saw regardless of how well taken care of.

Best of luck

Thank you for your input GoBigBlue1984.
By no means do I want to over charge anyone. I will entertain any offer. And if someone does not want all the bars and chains I am willing to piece it out. I just thought as a all in one set up ready to server someone for many years.

i think the 029 was the best saw every made, but that is just my opinion
I wouldn't disagree. I have compared every saw I have ever bought to the 029 and out of every other saw I have ever bought to eventually replace this saw I no longer have do to one issue or another. Nothing has been as reliable, dependable, or consistent.

I can't argue with anybody's opinion lol but I will say I would take an 026, 044, 046 over a 029 any day. I have all 4 of them right now. Granted, the three I mentioned are pro saws. That being said I use a 460 husqvarna for firewood and I'd put in front of my 029 if we're talking strictly homeowner saws. Just my .02 though. 029 super is a desirable saw to many. Just not when stacked up against a pro series saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But your saw will serve some lucky soul well, I am sure of it. I never meant to turn this thread into a "saws I feel are better than an 029" thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I do not disagree with you. Plus it gives me a good exuess to respond and bump up to the top of the list. Lol so thank you.

Today my faithful old girl goes to a good home. Sad to see her go but a replacement has already been found

Back