• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 064, Rebuilt with NOS Parts, $1,600 Invested, Sell for $1,000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok, so I bought this saw for $450 and then I kind of went nuts with buying NOS/OEM parts for it; see list below.

It has the original piston and jug; both were very nice, so I just installed some Caber rings and called it good. It also has a rebuilt carb, new fuel lines, unlimited coil, etc. It runs and oils great, idles at 2,500 and I have it tuned a bit fat so it tops out at 13,000 rpm (factory max). Comes with a new 28" Stihl bar, new chain.

I'm selling because I really don't need a saw this big and my F350 needs new tires.

I have about $1,600 invested (if you add up everything up, it's $1,562, but I'm sure I forgot a few things). Price is $1,000 + shipping from zip 78248. PayPal works if you cover the fees or send F&F. I also have Zelle and Venmo.

Here's the list of all that I bought for it:

New OEM Air Filter Cover - $50

New OEM D starter handle - $20

New AV Buffer Set - $20 (reproduction)

New OEM Buffer (single) - $20

New OEM oiler worm gear - $25

New OEM filler cap - $17

New OEM 28" bar, 3/8" - $167

New Stihl chain - $30

New OEM fuel hose and filter - $30

New OEM fuel tank - $222

New OEM chain catcher - $20

New OEM chip guard - $17

New OEM dogs - $37

New OEM top cover - $49

New handle/tank guard (aftermarket) - $25

New OEM HD air filter - $30

New OEM 3/4 wrap handle - $152

New OEM clutch cover - large - $75

1201 Flywheel (used OEM) - $60

New aftermarket dual port muffler cover - $25

1300 unlimited coil (aftermarket) - $20

Attachments

• IMG_0690.jpg
    IMG_0690.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0694.jpg
    IMG_0694.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0695.jpg
    IMG_0695.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0588.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0256 (1).jpg
    IMG_0256 (1).jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Ok, so I bought this saw for $450 and then I kind of went nuts with buying NOS/OEM parts for it; see list below.

It has the original piston and jug; both were very nice, so I just installed some Caber rings and called it good. It also has a rebuilt carb, new fuel lines, unlimited coil, etc. It runs and oils great, idles at 2,500 and I have it tuned a bit fat so it tops out at 13,000 rpm (factory max). Comes with a new 28" Stihl bar, new chain.

I'm selling because I really don't need a saw this big and my F350 needs new tires.

I have about $1,600 invested (if you add up everything up, it's $1,562, but I'm sure I forgot a few things). Price is $1,000 + shipping from zip 78248. PayPal works if you cover the fees or send F&F. I also have Zelle and Venmo.

Here's the list of all that I bought for it:

New OEM Air Filter Cover - $50

New OEM D starter handle - $20

New AV Buffer Set - $20 (reproduction)

New OEM Buffer (single) - $20

New OEM oiler worm gear - $25

New OEM filler cap - $17

New OEM 28" bar, 3/8" - $167

New Stihl chain - $30

New OEM fuel hose and filter - $30

New OEM fuel tank - $222

New OEM chain catcher - $20

New OEM chip guard - $17

New OEM dogs - $37

New OEM top cover - $49

New handle/tank guard (aftermarket) - $25

New OEM HD air filter - $30

New OEM 3/4 wrap handle - $152

New OEM clutch cover - large - $75

1201 Flywheel (used OEM) - $60

New aftermarket dual port muffler cover - $25

1300 unlimited coil (aftermarket) - $20
Can I ask how much you got for this saw as I just listed an 064 I'm highly invested in as well???

I got $1,000 for it.
Ok bc I have ppl telling me that's insane. I priced mine at $1050 and it's got the original top end caber rings all oem except the fuel filter and sprocket rin spline. I had 2 subscribers tell me its worth $400 in their area Idaho/Washington I felt that's what a nun running beat up one is worth kind of like you paid $450 I paid $500 no bar or chain and replaced a ton of stuff. Thanks for your reply!!!

Ok bc I have ppl telling me that's insane. I priced mine at $1050 and it's got the original top end caber rings all oem except the fuel filter and sprocket rin spline. I had 2 subscribers tell me its worth $400 in their area Idaho/Washington I felt that's what a nun running beat up one is worth kind of like you paid $450 I paid $500 no bar or chain and replaced a ton of stuff. Thanks for your reply!!!

Sorry, but no way in H E double hockey sticks I would pay what you're asking. Sorry but that's the truth. This saw above with many news parts was worth $1000 to the right guy, but not yours. I don't see it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't buy it. Maybe $500. I know this isn't apple's to apples, but there is a guy on another site and marketplace having a hard time selling a ported MS660 saw for $1000, and its ported by a well known member! Not some fly by night wannabe youtuber..

Sorry, but no way in H E double hockey sticks I would pay what you're asking. Sorry but that's the truth. This saw above with many news parts was worth $1000 to the right guy, but not yours. I don't see it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't buy it. Maybe $500. I know this isn't apple's to apples, but there is a guy on another site and marketplace having a hard time selling a ported MS660 saw for $1000, and its ported by a well known member! Not some fly by night wannabe youtuber..
What is it you feel makes the saw only valued at $500 its got the original tank with twist caps, original top end, 1 owner, new oem fuel lines new oem clutch springs new oem carb kit new oem oil pick up tube, 28" stihl bar with brand new Carlton skip chain, proper base gasket delete with squish at .026 original old style muffler with the larger baffle holes, I'm not sure why you have to make the disrespectful discouraging insultingccomment calling me "some fly by youtuber". I do honest work and I warranty the saw, with customer testimony available upon request and plenty of videos proving that I honor ALL my warranties. You see it's comments like yours that kept me from posting or talking on this site for the last 10 or 12 years. There was absolutely no need for that, you have bo idea what struggles I might be facing that a comment like that can have a significantly negative impact on my life. Aside from the plastics being faded and some paint missing this is a stout very reliable saw. Those cosmetic issues don't knock $500 off the value, and again all my proof of my work plus proof the buyer is covered in the event there is any issues adds to the value not decreases it. I just sold a rebuilt ms660 with a meteor top end and a 28" neotech bar and chain for $900 cash, AND the guy came back a week later and bought my husqvarna 570 convert to $575 for $900 and an 18" 025 for $325. So again, why do I deserve to be degraded and belittled by you? Nothing I said or did warranted you to insult me neighbor 😒🙄

What is it you feel makes the saw only valued at $500 its got the original tank with twist caps, original top end, 1 owner, new oem fuel lines new oem clutch springs new oem carb kit new oem oil pick up tube, 28" stihl bar with brand new Carlton skip chain, proper base gasket delete with squish at .026 original old style muffler with the larger baffle holes, I'm not sure why you have to make the disrespectful discouraging insultingccomment calling me "some fly by youtuber". I do honest work and I warranty the saw, with customer testimony available upon request and plenty of videos proving that I honor ALL my warranties. You see it's comments like yours that kept me from posting or talking on this site for the last 10 or 12 years. There was absolutely no need for that, you have bo idea what struggles I might be facing that a comment like that can have a significantly negative impact on my life. Aside from the plastics being faded and some paint missing this is a stout very reliable saw. Those cosmetic issues don't knock $500 off the value, and again all my proof of my work plus proof the buyer is covered in the event there is any issues adds to the value not decreases it. I just sold a rebuilt ms660 with a meteor top end and a 28" neotech bar and chain for $900 cash, AND the guy came back a week later and bought my husqvarna 570 convert to $575 for $900 and an 18" 025 for $325. So again, why do I deserve to be degraded and belittled by you? Nothing I said or did warranted you to insult me neighbor 😒🙄

First of all, do you port saws on YouTube with a round hand file and sandpaper? If not, what I said has nothing to do about you. I'm talking about a ported saw vs other so called hacks on YouTube with their BS porting techniques.. All you can do is list it for sale, sell it, and prove me wrong.. What can it hurt? Prove me wrong with this saw then if you feel its worth this amount of money. Friend

If a blunt but honest comment on the internet significantly affects your life, you shouldn't be on the internet. I sold a cosmetically worn but solid used 064 for around $500-$550 on here, and that was a fair price. Bulletpruf is a meticulous guy who makes his saws mechanically and cosmetically beautiful without slapping a coat of paint on everything, and that saw was worth every penny of $1000 and then some. Putting $200 worth of parts on your $400 saw does not make it a $1000 saw. Go back to Youtube and tell are your adoring followers about the big bad meanies on the forums who hurt your feelers. If you can sell that saw for $1000 locally, why bother asking about it on here?

Most his posts are just trolling @Bill G . Just put him on ignore.

Most his posts are just trolling @Bill G . Just put him on ignore.

I have my reasons for that guy.. Enough said on that matter.. For this situation, I wasn't "trolling".. I'm just speaking the truth. Who in their right mind would pay $1000!!. Its a $500 saw. Sorry for the harsh truth. And after watching some of his videos I think I might even lower the price... Why should a guy pay a premium for Farmertec bearings and seals??

If you think its worth more then buy it for yourself..

I have my reasons for that guy.. Enough said on that matter.. For this situation, I wasn't "trolling".. I'm just speaking the truth. Who in their right mind would pay $1000!!. Its a $500 saw. Sorry for the harsh truth. And after watching some of his videos I think I might even lower the price... Why should a guy pay a premium for Farmertec bearings and seals??

I think he is banned !

No, not trolling something is way off with all that !

No the guy with the 064 that you called out!

They also deleted his listing.. LOL! I tried watching one of his video's with the 064.. The guy almost put the chain into his jeans,... The idiot was lucky. Holding the tank with the trigger pulled while yanking with his left hand and it pulled the bar down really close to his leg when it fired...

If a blunt but honest comment on the internet significantly affects your life, you shouldn't be on the internet. I sold a cosmetically worn but solid used 064 for around $500-$550 on here, and that was a fair price. Bulletpruf is a meticulous guy who makes his saws mechanically and cosmetically beautiful without slapping a coat of paint on everything, and that saw was worth every penny of $1000 and then some. Putting $200 worth of parts on your $400 saw does not make it a $1000 saw. Go back to Youtube and tell are your adoring followers about the big bad meanies on the forums who hurt your feelers. If you can sell that saw for $1000 locally, why bother asking about it on here?
We got a guy north of here asking 800 for a complete running 660 b&c. It won't sell. If it was here and gone through like bullets saw was and ready to eat with some mods or port work it's 1K all day everyday. The value is in the hands that went through it not how many bad parts were replaced with quality low hours units or new quality possibly oem. The more parts it needs the less likely it will get done unless the user intented to build a tool without a budget. These tools will be near the toys or with them. Good luck finding them already finished and ready for cheap. Some people take way longer building things and check everything and then some. 😈 Is in the details. Mind your gremlins and pick your battles. Update what you can and replace the rest. Not very common anymore. This post was near a resto not a rebuild imo. Add on the oem equipment to replace the AM parts here and the cost goes up a few hundred more. It just simple math.

How many hours were put into it?

They also deleted his listing.. LOL! I tried watching one of his video's with the 064.. The guy almost put the chain into his jeans,... The idiot was lucky. Holding the tank with the trigger pulled while yanking with his left hand and it pulled the bar down really close to his leg when it fired...
Did what you described once with a 660 36" dead tired near dark thirty. Not good.

His videos like amateur hour or something there abouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back