Family Pics- My Saw Collection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got out of order here..... last week I saw Mesupra mention that he might cut his 254xpg loose in one of the recent 254xp threads. I shot him a pm asking for the price and some pics. And snatched it up. Really excited about getting this saw ported soon with the others.

Minty 254xpg.jpg

Next is my Poulan Pro 655bp. Randy got this saw from Sean Scarr52 (I think is the user name). He posted a thread on it with a video.... the saw immediately went on my "watch list". I could tell he really really liked the saw and was excited to own it... so I was patient. He knew I was on the hunt for one and so offered it to me recently. He wanted me to have it, and knew I would take good care of it, and I was happy happy happy to finally have what I have considered one of my Holy Grail saws. Ive wanted one since 2010 and I finally have one!:rock:

Poulan Pro 655BP.jpg

Here's a little beauty I bought last week from Derrick Sawyer. It pays to list saws you are looking for in your sig.... several of mine have come to me that way. Anyways, Brad (blsnelling) was kind enough to send Derrick Sawyer my way with this beautiful saw with orig owners manual. This saw is mint mint mint.

Mint 242xp top side.jpg Mint 242xp recoil side.jpg

Next is a saw that up until now I have kept inside on top of my armoire. If I have to stare at jewelry, purses, and Kari's shoes falling out of the closet... she can stare at something I love. Clint (cgraham1) had posted up a beautiful 262xp that he had acquired.... the saw immediately went on the "watch list".:D And I shot him a pm with a "intent to buy" kind of message. He graciously parted with the saw and I am tickled to own it. It's now gone down to the garage to join the mint 242xp and this next saw..... no way I can keep 3 in the house.:ices_rofl: Im really happy to have Clint as a dear friend now and would say that anyone can buy with confidence from Clint. He is a fantastic person and sterling example of a great forum member.:rock:

Mint 262xp recoil side.jpg Mint 262xp .jpg

Well that's it folks. Might as well not bother to try and top that photo shoot. All hail bryan. :bowdown:
But seriously, whats a guy gotta do to get in your will? :D You need the mentality that some serious car collectors have... you are just caring for it in the now, someday future generations need to possess well cared for 288's. :rock:Now where's the high res vid w/ audiophile quality soundtrack of said 288 lite?

Now for my very best.... this is the 3rd saw that I bought in a package deal from KilliansRedLeo on another site. He posted a thread stating that I had first shot at it.... but wanted to share the eye candy. Boy of boy that thread had a bunch of post by the time I came home and found it. My first post..... "PM sent!":chop: This is a NOS never seen fuel, stock, MINT 268xp. And it is staying that way.... since I have plenty others to play with. Im loving these 2 series Husq saws. Only one more alludes me... I know "where" and "who".... but so far... he is a fan too. It's a hard sell when the feller's a collector too.....Yeah, Im talking about you- Brad!:ices_rofl::rock: Oh if only I could find a mint 288 I would feel my collection is complete..:heart::D

Nos 268 top side.jpg Nos 268 recoil side.jpg Nos 268 clutch cover.jpg

I have 20 or more oak log lengths 16-20' in the back part of the property waiting for cooler weather.... and another stash of logs to bring home still. Between my property, my parents, and my grannies.... Im swamped with chores right now.

Is it hard to not use the non fueled saws?

Nah, there's no shortage of saws to use and Im saving them to pass down to my son. With the way quality and craftmanship is going, when he comes of age, saws will be a throw away/disposable item... which makes sense bc it supports the economy. My parents 40 year old Litton Range finally bit the dust, I quarentee what they replaced it with will not last 40 years. These saws are built to last, the fit and finish is spot on.... the quality is there!

Latest posts

Back