Fertilizing Fir Trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve-Maine

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
When I was in the tree business I always used crow bar method in fertilizer evergreens at rate of 3 lbs per inch caliper. Getting older and harder to do it will crow bar method. Would Jobe spikes work as well ? Thanks Steve

When I was in the tree business I always used crow bar method in fertilizer evergreens at rate of 3 lbs per inch caliper. Getting older and harder to do it will crow bar method. Would Jobe spikes work as well ? Thanks Steve
Excuse my ignorance, but what's the crowbar method?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the crowbar method?

You make holes in ground and fill hole up to about 2" from top with 10-6-4 fertilizer. Don't fill hole to top or you will burn the grass. Use loam on tow two inches. Also used to have power auger like a ice auger.

You make holes in ground and fill hole up to about 2" from top with 10-6-4 fertilizer. Don't fill hole to top or you will burn the grass. Use loam on tow two inches. Also used to have power auger like a ice auger.
I'm guessing you go the depth of a crowbar?

Also, I've just been using fish emulsion on mine and it seems to work pretty well.

Back