Finally pulled the trigger on a new stump grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congrat, Man. I wish that I can afford one with diesel at least 40 hp. Very hard for me to justify putting 20, 30K in a machine that will take forever to recove the investment. Some day, when I have too much money in my pocket I'll get one.

Well I sold my still almost new 2016 Can Am side by side that had been sitting idly too frequently and used those funds as my down payment. It’s going to be a significant learning curve with operating expenses this high now but I’m supremely confident I’ll make some great money with this machine.

You're gonna love it. My first set of stock teeth lasted just around a year. Been battling with Greenteeth (700s don't work ), 900s might be the trick, otherwise I'm going back to stock teeth.
Enjoy the speed, it's about 4 times faster than a 1625.

S/F

Bob

You're gonna love it. My first set of stock teeth lasted just around a year. Been battling with Greenteeth (700s don't work ), 900s might be the trick, otherwise I'm going back to stock teeth.
Enjoy the speed, it's about 4 times faster than a 1625.

S/F

Bob

1715d4c4dbb4b8ea6046eabe526cbd0d.jpg
f20e2c93e4c943df0d3ffcda9edc8f48.jpg

She cocked, locked, and ready to rock! It’s really early in the season yet up here in the north country but once word gets around I’m totally ready to go set the world on fire.

Semper Fi Top!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which dealer? I got mine at Trencher's Plus in Burnsville. The only thing I dislike is the grease zerks on the swing circle not long enough. And change out the pipe on the right side wheel bearing, it'll break. Cap it and put the zerk on the bottom.

Which dealer? I got mine at Trencher's Plus in Burnsville. The only thing I dislike is the grease zerks on the swing circle not long enough. And change out the pipe on the right side wheel bearing, it'll break. Cap it and put the zerk on the bottom.

Same here Top. I worked with John and his son Nate, both seem like great people.

Thanks for the tips brother. Hey do you offer chip debris haul off? I’m seriously considering getting a used dingo in the future to do it and make things much easier and faster.

We have two, great little stumper.
Did you get the remote?
We did for our tracked one.
Jeff

No, didn’t get the remote I was told by my dealer it wasn’t an option for some reason on the machines they had at that time available from Rayco. In hindsight I wish I had insisted on having a machine with it, oh well, next time I guess.

U should contact Kurt who owns the auto feed plus in Michigan. Carlton units uses his remote. I’m in the process getting one fitted on my sc60tx. I want to bypass the computer Vermeer put in there. Plus, a lot cheaper than getting a Vermeer remote (6k vs 2k). Tell him I send u there. Erwin

U should contact Kurt who owns the auto feed plus in Michigan. Carlton units uses his remote. I’m in the process getting one fitted on my sc60tx. I want to bypass the computer Vermeer put in there. Plus, a lot cheaper than getting a Vermeer remote (6k vs 2k). Tell him I send u there. Erwin

Pm me his information or text it to me if you would please.

Thanks for the tips brother. Hey do you offer chip debris haul off? I’m seriously considering getting a used dingo in the future to do it and make things much easier and faster.

I do. I use a shovel and wheelbarrow. Quite the workout. Same price as grinding job. My trailer has a dump. Still a helluva lot of work. A dingo isn't cheap, and with the cost of all the equipment, it better be cheap. I'm debating one as well. New, you're talking over $100K with no stumps ground. I'm still thinking about it.

I do. I use a shovel and wheelbarrow. Quite the workout. Same price as grinding job. My trailer has a dump. Still a helluva lot of work. A dingo isn't cheap, and with the cost of all the equipment, it better be cheap. I'm debating one as well. New, you're talking over $100K with no stumps ground. I'm still thinking about it.

I’ve seen a few smaller used ones for around $8k and I’m looking to add 10-20% for taking the chips if I can get it and I’m also looking into a 16’ dump trailer in the future. In the meantime I’ll just fill the plastic 55 gallon drums I got for cheap and haul them to and from the stump to my utility trailer with my heavy duty dolly.

Back