firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it is going to have some great looking grain for a future project.
:D Al
I agree Al, I thought it was some GREAT looking lumber, I'm looking forward to using it in a future project...

I use to build quite a few mantle clocks, I'm thinking that lumber might make a really nice one!

SR

I've done both, but most folks don't want a wind up... Here's one I made from Cherry,

standard.jpg

SR

That one is a beauty.

I have a old orginal one dated 1887 you wind. another a fellow made from scrap wood he glued up and built that is battery and a wall type I got when I retired. I opened the box to look at it and some one is going to get a older wall clock like new in the box when I die.

How long till the sic. is dry enough to work with?

It probably will be dry in several months time, but I doubt I'll use any of it for a year or more... I have a fair amount of wood cut ahead and I no longer do a lot of wood working projects each year.

When I was a small kid, my dad gave me an OLD mantle clock that I wanted, I believe it was from the OLD farm house we moved into when I was four. Anyway, that's what got me started building mantle clocks as an adult. You can see that old clock in every one that I build... (and I still have that old clock too)

I have a lot of things going on and I seem to just jump from one thing to another... It's been "gardens" lately...

SR

We are buying the 10 acre parcel next door now. I am working on a new drive way a few buckets of dirt when I have time between car shows, chipping shredding branches I have trimmed from shrubs and trees.

XU4llwH.jpg

XU4llwH.jpg

The new drive way puts right at the crest of the hill instead just over where we can't see so good.

8983nKN.jpg

Car shows nearly every week end starting April 21st at Midland and got a top 25 award.

Shepard for the maple syrup fest.

Ithaca for their dust off show. Won $50.00 there in a drivers number drawing.

One in Clinton Township southern eastern Oakland county.
Got a peoples choice award there.

PaFNlv5.jpg

Climax Michigan, west of Battle Creek. Go a farthest traveled plaque there.

EZMN9Ab.jpg

I also have managed to get my small raised beds garden planted. Transplanted about 25 red maple trees. Been keeping up with the lawns I mow and one big ditch.

Top 10 at Waterford Elks post yesterday. LOL people afaid it might rain on them very low turn out. Was told a year ago there were over 100 cars there. this year 17 was all they got.

gtGw0t4.jpg

vV97KYO.jpg

The only pick up there. 62 Ford.

O2j5Qt9.jpg

Best in show 37 Ford highly modified.

fRjI16p.jpg

EJUg7ok.jpg

ZoS9jko.jpg

There was a threat of rain lighting & thunder per the TV weather people and in fact did rain in one area we drove thru.

Belonging or not is cool to see them.
Several steam tractor and gas tractor shows here in Michigan.

I’m not sure if your familure with EA, one of their goals is stronger more expensive steel yet put a bunch of strategicly places holes in it and save as much weight as possible. Mine is a 60”, dual lid and only weighs in at 430lbs. Yes that’s not a typo 430lbs!

Several grapples I considered were close to 1000lbs.

Back