firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've hauled apples from by the semi load from Washington and Oregon to places like Hunts Point NY, Berlington VT, Land over Ma, and Philly Pa.
Apples were nearly a year old and older when being loaded on my trailer.
Intresting how they are stored all winter.

Al

Washington state is the gorilla in the room when it comes to apple production. BIG producer.

The CA, (controlled atmosphere) storing and treatment with products to extend storage are amazing.

Around here, they store apples by putting them in a big warehouse, sealing it up and pumping gas in the bld. making the apples last a LONG time.

SR

They loaded our apples on a slip sheet they called it. Apples boxes were stacked on a pallet in a clear bag. when the pile got so big they sealed the bag up stuck a knife thing in the bag like a vacum crevas tool to suck the air out. Then they pumped Carbon Monide in the bag for the 30 hour trip. A fork lift carried the pallet in the truck and pushed the bag with boxes of apples off on the trailer floor. Didn't carry any pallet weight that way.

Once you arrived at the whole salers wearhouse you finger printed the apples off the trailer your self or hired some one to do it. I really liked Boston because the wearhouse there were good people and did the unloading for you at no charge.

Philly was the worst and was a real ***** trying to get a door so you could get unloaded. Hate that place even today 40 year later.

Al

From yesterday. They liked the idea of not having to lift the logs.

I couldn’t hardly hear him. He had me tilt back and lower the bucket, then they got up in there and pulled the logs in. Dumping them in would have damaged the floor.

This is the load of logs a friend and me brought home last fall,

standard.jpg

Some big old snags,

standard.jpg

pretty good firewood though,

standard.jpg

loadem up,

standard.jpg

and moveem out

standard.jpg

SR

What's up Rob.
I got a new little kubota, I know you like them a lot :laugh:. Also the trailer it's on and the one behind it, and the one behind that, and the one behind me in the picture, and the one in the drive :oops:.
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 11.24.53 AM.png
The boy likes running the L3800 better, but he deals with this little one :).
Lots of fill going into that area behind him and where I'm standing at, still not quite ready to move the shed though.
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 11.26.00 AM.png
Cleared out all those downed black locust, got a lot of nice firewood too.
I moved the chicken coop to this area and this spot is where the chicken run will be built.
Had to move the forks from where we set them to clear the area better.
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 11.26.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 11.28.07 AM.png
Managed to get one nice log out of those downed trees, might make some nice boards ;).
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 11.28.31 AM.png

Hey chipper! I was hoping you were done with the pallet forks by now, I've needed them a time or two since I brought them over... lol

If you get some locust you want to sell of trade, let me know, I could use some more, to cut into boards for a floor for the addition I'm putting on my sawmill shed.

Looks like you've been busy!!

SR

You Americans and your tiny little compact lawn tractors. I was always lead to believe everything was bigger in America.
Depends on what your doing, and what you can afford. A sub compact kubota used can go north of $8k in a hurry.

This little 60 horse Renault is small for here
40-60k for a 60hp tractor with a cab. Tough to get around the wood lot with one as well. Can't say I would complain if I had one.;) IMG953749.jpg
I've been really happy with my 2120. 40 hp. Suits my needs.

Back