Foresters, what is this thing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spotted Owl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
images

We got these a while ago for cutters choice units. I can't for the life of me remember what this thing is called? This is the only picture I could find. The rules change depending on the cut but this is the size thingamajigger that we have to use. Seems awful precise with the distance chain and all that, when they walk around looking with their thumb doing the same thing.

Owl

Randy. No. If you use it for a bottle it gets all buggered up and you have to ask the young lady for a new one. Then you get to listen to her tell about the proper use of tools and equipment. That's hard coming from someone younger than my boy, TELLING me anything. Does that mean I'm gett'n old? She's cute as a bug's ear but condescending as all get out.

bitz & slowp. Thanks. I new it was basal something. It's weird the rules they have for us to use these things. I had her print off what they wanted and keep it in a plastic bag in my pocket when I'm up in that area.

Basal crutch that's what they called it.

Thanks

Owl

14 ft^2/ac.

Don't tease me...... My inner geek will start to show up.

I was just curious how it worked and how it's used. I'll send you a message about what's happening with this. Here isn't the place to try and explain all that.

They're also playing with stunted growth. That has it's own set of things to mess with. Anyone know about the stunted growth market. It has to niche to small at best.

Owl

Back