What splitter modifications / additions have you made? Pictures please.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VW Splitter

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I do more lurking around here than posting.
I know you engineers have made multiple changes, modifications, additions to your splitters. I love to see people’s ideas, good and bad. Show us your good ideas so we can do it to. Show us your bad ideas so we don’t waste our time doing them. We need pictures, lots of pictures. Remember🤔, pictures or it didn’t happen. Show us what you got.
I will start it off. Here is my 11’ umbrella. Keeps you in the dry or in the shade, depending on the weather.

Attachments

• IMG_6707.jpeg
    IMG_6707.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6704.jpeg
    IMG_6704.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6707.jpeg
    IMG_6707.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6704.jpeg
    IMG_6704.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
my splitter is 'as delivered' but i run it's beam wet. both brushed on anti-seize and engine oil. paint on the anti-seize, squirt on the oil and in front of ram /beam and side guides, too. i will paint my wedge and the split in wood with gear oil should i run into one tuff to crack. and never fails then to go on thru... light applications, but often while splitting. no rust on my splitter parts, etc.

i like ur shade! could use one like that down here, but i am seldom splitting in July or August! lol if i can't scrounge the wood as fireplace stix size, i usually just pass! oak fall around me constantly... did scrounge me up on similar recently. on side of road just past my ranch's front gate on the FM. but plan to use it on the -0- turn ! ~

sorry, no postures to post! 🤩

I started with a RAYCO as my base splitter - they didnt make many but really good base - I redid engine and hydraulics. For hydraulics, I have tandem pump which allows me to have 1 handle with low pressure and high flow (both pumps) and a separate lever that only has 1 pump but high pressure. Pressure and Flow is simply a HP equation - flux capacitors dont exist. I like your pusher, thats the way to go. I have a 6 way that I made and the Rayco had cylinder to raise the height. I really like the 'slab' wood that comes out of the 6 way. The slabs are rectangular piece of wood which lasts long time in wood burning fireplace. I will try to get some pics tonight

Latest posts

Back