What’s the latest in healthy eating?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the diets out there are complete rubbish! They were cleverly designed so that you would spend your hard earned money on grossly overpriced crap! You are making people rich by being uneducated in your own health.
The no carb thing is absolutely nonsense. The only individuals that can’t consume carbs are celiac disease patients.
Tallow is not bad for you, butter is not bad, or are nut and seed oils. Olive oil is very good for you until you heat it. It becomes chemically altered and not good for you, but in its raw form it’s amazing.
Sugar, in a natural form such as raw honey will not hurt you, but do go straight to the source. Most of the store crap is just that and loaded with fillers.
I could go on and on about this for days. I have worked with the best nutritionists available (thanks to my previous career) and my wife, who was an Elite Athlete, also has degrees in nutrition and holistic nutrition.
Some of the best advice I can give is to read the labels and educate yourself with what you are reading. Shop the outside of the grocery store and leave the crap in the middle alone.
Exercising regularly, portion control and water intake are also major factors to consider. Our bodies were meant to be worked hard all of the time and water is needed to keep the body balanced. If you wait to drink when you are only thirsty you are always going to be dehydrated, there is just no getting around that.

Eat a balance of 80% clean balanced diet (no that does not include a 20oz steak, 6oz is sufficient) and 20% I feel like something crappy for me.

None of this is new, it’s personal education on the subject from reliable sources and not “bro” science.

All of the diets out there are complete rubbish! They were cleverly designed so that you would spend your hard earned money on grossly overpriced crap! You are making people rich by being uneducated in your own health.
The no carb thing is absolutely nonsense. The only individuals that can’t consume carbs are celiac disease patients.
Tallow is not bad for you, butter is not bad, or are nut and seed oils. Olive oil is very good for you until you heat it. It becomes chemically altered and not good for you, but in its raw form it’s amazing.
Sugar, in a natural form such as raw honey will not hurt you, but do go straight to the source. Most of the store crap is just that and loaded with fillers.
I could go on and on about this for days. I have worked with the best nutritionists available (thanks to my previous career) and my wife, who was an Elite Athlete, also has degrees in nutrition and holistic nutrition.
Some of the best advice I can give is to read the labels and educate yourself with what you are reading. Shop the outside of the grocery store and leave the crap in the middle alone.
Exercising regularly, portion control and water intake are also major factors to consider. Our bodies were meant to be worked hard all of the time and water is needed to keep the body balanced. If you wait to drink when you are only thirsty you are always going to be dehydrated, there is just no getting around that.

Eat a balance of 80% clean balanced diet (no that does not include a 20oz steak, 6oz is sufficient) and 20% I feel like something crappy for me.

None of this is new, it’s personal education on the subject from reliable sources and not “bro” science.
You didn't differentiate between refined carbs like white flour or raw carbs in whole food? No way is refined white flour products good for anyone. What about insulin resistant persons, do you think lots of refined carbs and sugar won't hurt? And to think sugar won't hurt anyone is just wrong! Sugar is the biggest killer of all!

I eat all my home grown, home processed foods! LOL! A friend supplies the deer meat and fish. Gotta buy flour, sugar, margarine, salt, pepper, etc. A few eggs now and then,---dont care that much for them. --- Thats my diet! lol!

You didn't differentiate between refined carbs like white flour or raw carbs in whole food? No way is refined white flour products good for anyone. What about insulin resistant persons, do you think lots of refined carbs and sugar won't hurt? And to think sugar won't hurt anyone is just wrong! Sugar is the biggest killer of all!
This is exactly why I said that each individual needs to do their own independent research.
Our food has changed so dramatically with the introduction of GMO that it’s almost unrecognizable other than in name.
Natural sugars will not hurt you, period, unless you’re a diabetic. Refined sugars is a completely different story especially all the crap coming from corn.
What will kill you is sitting on your behind all day eating more food than your body can adequately burn and drink your sodas rather than water. You don’t need special bottled unicorn tears, just turn on the tap and drink.
99% of all the food sensitivity out there is due to GMO and modern farming practices. Go support a local farmer and you will see health change before your eyes.

This is exactly why I said that each individual needs to do their own independent research.
Our food has changed so dramatically with the introduction of GMO that it’s almost unrecognizable other than in name.
Natural sugars will not hurt you, period, unless you’re a diabetic. Refined sugars is a completely different story especially all the crap coming from corn.
What will kill you is sitting on your behind all day eating more food than your body can adequately burn and drink your sodas rather than water. You don’t need special bottled unicorn tears, just turn on the tap and drink.
99% of all the food sensitivity out there is due to GMO and modern farming practices. Go support a local farmer and you will see health change before your eyes.
I find it hard to get all GMO free food! I know lots of people that have food sensitivities to milk and gluten.

I find it hard to get all GMO free food! I know lots of people that have food sensitivities to milk and gluten.
Humans are the only mammal that consume milk after infancy. Once we are off breast milk, we loose the enzymes that digest milk. The think to remember here is that we’re drinking another animals milk.
The process of fermentation in the making of cheese, yogurt etc are what make it beneficial to you. The only way I will consume cow milk in liquid form is from Raw milk.
Gluten sensitivity is directly related to both the modified grains we have today as well as the fact that bread is made very differently that what it used to be. Bread made from starter only and not adding additional yeast, long bulk fermentation, is completely different from Wonder Bread. It’s the fermentation that digests the wheat proteins making them bioavailable and will not cause any sensitivity.
Quick, fast, convenient and easy are things you have been fed to make lobbies rich all while killing you with false and biased arguments.

Flax seed meal has lots of benefits.

Refined sugar and white flower are not so good.

Avocado oil is good stuff.

I do a word document of my daily diet and keep them in a folder.

I'm 5'10" and weight 210 lbs. I interval fast and only eat 4 and 9PM everyday. The rest of the day I have zero calories, only black coffee, water and vinegar water(1tps per quart). I take a few nutritional supplements daily, like fish oil, vitamin E, Zinc, Magnesium and a multi vitamin.

Here's what I ate Sunday:

1-7-24

Navy beans and whole grain rice 400cal

Homegrown Corn from the freezer 100grams 100cal

Homegrown Collards 100g 35cal with 2 tbs Bragg raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar 'with the mother'.

Homegrown Butternut squash baked 100grams 65cal

Flax seed meal 2 tbs 70 cal (mixed in the butternut)

Chicken breast 240cal 150grams pan fried in avocado oil

Baked potato 150grams 140cal butter 30 cal

Eggnog 2 raw eggs 2 cup of milk 2% 380cal

1690 calories, total

Flax seed meal has lots of benefits.

Refined sugar and white flower are not so good.

Avocado oil is good stuff.

I do a word document of my daily diet and keep them in a folder.

I'm 5'10" and weight 210 lbs. I interval fast and only eat 4 and 9PM everyday. The rest of the day I have zero calories, only black coffee, water and vinegar water(1tps per quart). I take a few nutritional supplements daily, like fish oil, vitamin E, Zinc, Magnesium and a multi vitamin.

Here's what I ate Sunday:

1-7-24

Navy beans and whole grain rice 400cal

Homegrown Corn from the freezer 100grams 100cal

Homegrown Collards 100g 35cal with 2 tbs Bragg raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar 'with the mother'.

Homegrown Butternut squash baked 100grams 65cal

Flax seed meal 2 tbs 70 cal (mixed in the butternut)

Chicken breast 240cal 150grams pan fried in avocado oil

Baked potato 150grams 140cal butter 30 cal

Eggnog 2 raw eggs 2 cup of milk 2% 380cal

1690 calories, total
Damn, that’s next level. Even just the level of recording.

I think the flax seed meal is probably fine...it’s the refined oil they extract that’s more an issue. You’d have to eat a LOT of meal, to worry about the oil content.

What are collards? And is that like collard greens?

Try chicken thigh...more delicious than breast, but more fatty.

But don’t take my advice. I’m 6’2” and....140kg. So 300lb. Pure muscle...lol....25 years ago.

But, I’m kicking it up a gear...and getting on the health train for a few months.

PS - you can keep your raw eggs...isn’t that and cold showers the sign of a serial killer?

Damn, that’s next level. Even just the level of recording.

I think the flax seed meal is probably fine...it’s the refined oil they extract that’s more an issue. You’d have to eat a LOT of meal, to worry about the oil content.

What are collards? And is that like collard greens?

Try chicken thigh...more delicious than breast, but more fatty.

But don’t take my advice. I’m 6’2” and....140kg. So 300lb. Pure muscle...lol....25 years ago.

But, I’m kicking it up a gear...and getting on the health train for a few months.

PS - you can keep your raw eggs...isn’t that and cold showers the sign of a serial killer?

Yes, collards are collard greens. Likely the healthiest of the family Brassicaceae, genus Brassica. We grow a lot of it and try to have 100g per day. I'm not big into raw eggs and prefer them fried or hard boiled. I also had 150 grams of homegrown and frozen cantaloupe that I forgot to record. It's only 45 cal per 100 g so it's a minor oversight.

Latest posts

Back