Gloves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeypuzzle

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Yes GOD has made a lot of mistakes,she is still making them everyday and I don't think any tree is one,especialy not the scary MP tree.Now mosquitos I think we could all do without.Have any of you climbers who are on the FRONT line found a pair of gloves that really work well?Would love to find some a bit thicker than batting gloves(baseball),how about the gloves machanics use.Long live the monkey.:D

Try a pair of Fox motocross racing gloves from your local power sports center. They are ventilated and give 100% free motion. $25.00 - $40.00

I like Best gloves model Skinny Dip. You can see them at: http://www.bestglove.com/
The gloves are cotton with a rubber palm and cost less than $4.00. These are very cool in summer and can be washed with clothes. The rubber palms grip so well my hands don't get as tired at the end of the day. Best also makes the Skinny Dip glove in Kevlar but I have never tried them.

For climbing, I like the knit cheapies with the plastic cross lacing in them for gription. Good for tying knots and working the ropes.

For chipping, we bought fingerless welding gloves. The cuff protects your wrists from whacks, and the gloves, with no fingers, will be pulled off your hand rather than drawing you towards the chipper.

I like the yellow cheapies too when climbing, they give good grip and are suprisingly warm in the dead of winter.

I like the blue ones but my hook'r too big for the XL size.

Ordered a pair of the Sherrill recuse leather shells, seem to fit, i'll let you know how they climb when they are delivered.

Back