Help needed tuning MS200T H side

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MattG

Hi Guys,

Last year a bunch of folks from AS helped me rebuild a MS200T that I'd bought from ebay. I now would really appreciate a little bit of help with tuning the H side of the saw. Since my hearing isn't what it once was, I used a tach to help out a bit. As the manual said that 14000 was the max revs, I played it safe and tweaked the H screw until the tach said the max was 13700. First I set up the L side, i.e. go clockwise until the revs rise on the lean, then back it out a little, til it's stable, then I tweaked the H side with the tach, then I readjusted the L side.

Anyway we filmed a couple of clips, and I'd really appreciate if someone would listen to them, and tell me whether the H tune is in the ball park.

thanks people,

Tell me what you think - of the tuning - not about my cutting technique.

Hello Matt. Your saw sounds good. It's hard for me to tell as much in the second clip. In the first clip, I can clearly hear that it's 4-stroking until you get some load on it. It then cleans up nicely. That's a good safe work-tune.

Thanks for giving it a listen, Brad. I must admit that I find it a bit easier to detect the different tones, when listening to the recording, than when I'm out working live. Anyway I think I'm getting there now!

Do you have the screen in ur saw? Is the air filter dry of oil Sounded a hair rich. But you won't over heat ur saw like that.
Hi bikemike,

I'm in the UK, and so I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a screen. I'll check when I next strip it, and if it's there I'll throw it away. I think you're right about it being a tad rich, and like I said to Brad, I find that easier to hear now it's on a recording.

Must admit the saw's cuttting pretty strong, though, and as you guys have helped me confirm that it aint too lean, I think I'll leave it like that for now.

thanks for listening to the saw :)

Sounds a bit rich to me as well. That's what my ear tells me anyways!
I'm sure your ears are right cbob! I bet they are better than mine. As long as it's not too lean, am happy for now, since it still cuts very well.

Perhaps I'll tweak it again at some stage - but for now I'm good with it.

thanks for listening!

Hi bikemike,

I'm in the UK, and so I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a screen. I'll check when I next strip it, and if it's there I'll throw it away. I think you're right about it being a tad rich, and like I said to Brad, I find that easier to hear now it's on a recording.

Must admit the saw's cuttting pretty strong, though, and as you guys have helped me confirm that it aint too lean, I think I'll leave it like that for now.

thanks for listening to the saw :)
Only thing needed to be removed to get to your screen is the chain cover youl se a screw on the side of your exhaust and that is where your screen is located

Well it doesn't sound leen so cut and enjoy that sweet saw!
Thanks cbob! I certainly will - she's surely cutting good!

Those are gold and very desired saws
Yes you're right it's a really nice saw. I bought from ebay last year from a tree service, really battered up. I spent a while fixing the brake, giving it new piston/rings, seals, and carb. I'm certainly not selling it in a hurry!
:happybanana:

Only thing needed to be removed to get to your screen is the chain cover youl se a screw on the side of your exhaust and that is where your screen is located

I may well look into that there muffler, at some stage now....

I may even post up another youtube clip when I retune it so you can tell me what you think.

Thanks cbob! I certainly will - she's surely cutting good!

Yes you're right it's a really nice saw. I bought from ebay last year from a tree service, really battered up. I spent a while fixing the brake, giving it new piston/rings, seals, and carb. I'm certainly not selling it in a hurry!
:happybanana:
Good to hear of the work you put into it. It's worth the investment. I would love to have one but I dont

Latest posts

Back