Ms200t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyleOZ

Reaction score
Hi all

Newbie to fourm here
I've manged to get my self a job lot of 10 ms200t with the intention of carrying out repairs to sell on. 6-7 have good compression so I'm starting with those.
Im not too faimialr with 2 strokes/chainsaws so I'm hoping you guys may be able to point me straight.

Parts, I'm after bars, chains and various ms200t specific parts such as chain sprocket covers, fuel lines, av mounts maybe even crank seals etc.
Best place I've found so is L&s engineers? Any others I should try?

Crank play, I've found end play in the cranks on all the saws, is there a maximum measurement?

I've also found slight up and down play in the cranks (only checked on clutch side), how much is allowed?

Vac and pressure testing, I've got myself a cheap vac bleeding kit and the stihl adapter that fits in place of the carb, I've never done this before so any advice appreciated.

Value, whata the value of a vac tested, good compression saw these days?

And finally, carbs. I've jumped the gun a bit here and got two Chinese carbs, any one have experience here?

Sorry for the wall of text, I've got a lot of questions haha

Kyle

not much too em they’re relatively easy to work on, just need to get familiarized with them. As far as parts I only go oem, carbs oem with accelerator bypass. Crank play in and out is normal to some extent it’s the up and down play that’s bad. Best place for oem parts that are not available from dealers are eBay. Good luck they get really pricey to build especially when bearings are $20 each and seals $50 the set with gaskets.

If you care about quality and lack of headaches, go with OEM parts. Generally, Stihl dealers I've used order once a week, some order immediately. The OEM prices from the dealer generally beat Ebay prices by a wide margin and no shipping since you pick it up.

DIY Spares in the UK seems like a good place. I have my first order on its way. They have parts that Stihl won't sell in the USA for certain models, along with all other parts, and good part diagrams. Shipping is reasonable. I anticipate an extra two weeks with them.

Hi all

Newbie to fourm here
I've manged to get my self a job lot of 10 ms200t with the intention of carrying out repairs to sell on. 6-7 have good compression so I'm starting with those.
Im not too faimialr with 2 strokes/chainsaws so I'm hoping you guys may be able to point me straight.

Parts, I'm after bars, chains and various ms200t specific parts such as chain sprocket covers, fuel lines, av mounts maybe even crank seals etc.
Best place I've found so is L&s engineers? Any others I should try?

Crank play, I've found end play in the cranks on all the saws, is there a maximum measurement?

I've also found slight up and down play in the cranks (only checked on clutch side), how much is allowed?

Vac and pressure testing, I've got myself a cheap vac bleeding kit and the stihl adapter that fits in place of the carb, I've never done this before so any advice appreciated.

Value, whata the value of a vac tested, good compression saw these days?

And finally, carbs. I've jumped the gun a bit here and got two Chinese carbs, any one have experience here?

Sorry for the wall of text, I've got a lot of questions haha

Kyle
Are all the cases OE, ie, they have a serial #? If not they are Farmtech and will be the source of any excessive crank play. Lone wolf has a post about the huge difference in play between the two.
also, those cases leak. The deck isn’t quite flat.

have fun 😀

OEM parts all the way. Return the Chinese carbs.

Best parts source is typically your local dealer. Stihl parts are hard to find online and often priced accordingly.

Check the service manual as it gives the spec and proper order for leak testing (Vacuum and pressure).

Do 3 saws at a time, tear them all the way down and clean them in diesel then dish soap to the point you would eat off the parts. Get case gasket sets with seals, fuel hoses, spark plugs, fuel filters, carb kits, av mounts and new rings for all 3 as a starting point....the hardest part of those saws is getting the control rods in the handle back together correctly. expec to need random things for each one you build but order for all 3 at the same time and write down what each needs.

One thing I have found out is that OEM parts that I have from my boneyard will work just as well and sometimes better than new parts that I buy. That happened today when I fixed a Stihl 193T saw with a bad ignition coil that refused to supply a spark. It took some time and work to swap the part out, but this engine has good compression and runs fine now.

LS are great. Sometimes a few other UK Stihl dealers have great prices on bars and chains, but for parts I usually go with LS. Shipping is fair unlike some other dealers... (I'm in Norway)

Latest posts

Back