Here's where my firewood comes from

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c5rulz

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well my logger buddies are back in the area and are cutting on two parcels I have permission to cut wood. Bribes have been paid, (Honeycrisp apples) out of my orchard. I helped out a little hooking/unhooking chokers yesterday. I found it fascinating watching how quickly the boys get the wood out. This stand has some really nice oak on it. I am posting this here to avoid the chest pound of the Forestry and logging folks. Nice pics, enjoy.

2ry1z49.jpg

1zeuphx.jpg

The boys have only worked 1.5 days on this site, this is the progress so far.

mc7xih.jpg

2n8ylph.jpg

anbst1.jpg

25k51zn.jpg

34ipo92.jpg

lookin good there c5. nice score but i think you'll need more than the fiskars.:laugh:

Well I have moved up from 50cc saws for sure.

The big saws come in handy with this size of wood. I will noodle into manageable size while on the trailer to catch all the sawdust so it doesn't kill the grass.

Well my logger buddies are back in the area and are cutting on two parcels I have permission to cut wood. Bribes have been paid, (Honeycrisp apples) out of my orchard. I helped out a little hooking/unhooking chokers yesterday. I found it fascinating watching how quickly the boys get the wood out. This stand has some really nice oak on it. I am posting this here to avoid the chest pound of the Forestry and logging folks. Nice pics, enjoy.

2ry1z49.jpg

1zeuphx.jpg

The boys have only worked 1.5 days on this site, this is the progress so far.

mc7xih.jpg

2n8ylph.jpg

anbst1.jpg

25k51zn.jpg

34ipo92.jpg
on a scale of 1 to 10,,for a suck ratio,,you blew past 10 like it didn't exist!!!! im not sure,,you stopped at 100!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh::clap::clap:

on a scale of 1 to 10,,for a suck ratio,,you blew past 10 like it didn't exist!!!! im not sure,,you stopped at 100!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh::clap::clap:

Well I cut a another load this morning and unloaded it. While I was out the landowner called, he has mobility problems wanted to inspect the site. I picked him up and took a tour and talked with the boys again. I am not sure if it will work but I am hoping to get a 30 yard roll off container up their and have them load it. Rated weight spec is 55,000- 60,000#'s which I think is a pretty good haul of firewood. (Neighbor owns the roll off business and I run a skid steer for them so the rate is going to be extremely reasonable.

Now does this suck more?????????:happybanana::dancing::chop::rock2::happy:

Well I cut a another load this morning and unloaded it. While I was out the landowner called, he has mobility problems wanted to inspect the site. I picked him up and took a tour and talked with the boys again. I am not sure if it will work but I am hoping to get a 30 yard roll off container up their and have them load it. Rated weight spec is 55,000- 60,000#'s which I think is a pretty good haul of firewood. (Neighbor owns the roll off business and I run a skid steer for them so the rate is going to be extremely reasonable.

Now does this suck more?????????:happybanana::dancing::chop::rock2::happy:
Yes. Yes it does... Good for you though. Sounds like your playing all cards right with the boys and the land owner. I'm sure the LO appreciates you keeping an eye on things for him. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Back