homelite drive belt replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jashirey

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
how's everyone doing? does anyone know where i can find a replacement drive belt for my dads Homelite chainsaw, model # 26 LCS, serial # 330900. I have just recently been told that it might as old as the early 50's...maybe older. the drive pulley looks like brass and has 12 teeth on it, and the lower pulley on the bar looks like alluminum and has 33 teeth. my dad found a belt that looked like it fit, but unfortunately it doesn't. the saw has been out of commission for about 8 years now but it still runs strong, and i think it sounds like a stock car. any help on locating a belt, and/or information on the age of this saw.

Nice one, Is it in good condition? For facts look at chainsaw collecters corner, Homelite, 26LCS.
Really nice one.

Mange

thanks Rocky, i just looked at the website. hoping it will help. and Mange, for the condition...really good condition, considering that up unto 8 years ago when my dad shredded the belt, he used it all the time for those big trees. runs like a wild man. if i ever find a belt, my dad will be like a kid again. thanks again.

Belt for 26 LCS

z4lunch...I too have a 73216 Belt...However it fits only some of the 5-30's & the 7-29.
The 26LCS needs the 71270 Cog Belt.

Steve, thanks but unfortunately the part number that i need is #71270, or so i heard.

does anyone know of the specs for the original belt. as i try to find an original, i am also trying aftermarket companies to see if i can get one to match. (i have faith that i will find that needle in the neverending haystack) but sometimes i think i would have a better chance of reaching the moon with a helium balloon stuck up my butt.

Hey Bill, I've been trying to email you for months. Just what's going on with my part? If you've decided to run off with my money, at least say so.

I just had to e-mail Bill about the same topic. Money sent back in May for some Oregon 73LG parts and I'm still waiting... Hello, Bill you were straight up on the phone about having them in hand, then you said "back ordered from Oregon" then you said they're shipped and that was about a month ago.

Refund

Bob
I did have everything except the '73' drive links (as I explained), which took forever to get from my distriubutor.
Since I have no idea where the package went on its way to you, I am sending you a refund. If the package shows up here, I will check to see if you still need them.
Sorry for the SNAFU...
Thanks
Bill

Bill, if there's some kind of problem with getting the right arm or whatever, at this stage I'd just like my money back. That's all I'm looking to get out of this now. It's been so many months I'm selling the saw since it hasn't paid for itself.

I realize everyone can be busy or have delays, but it has been a year now working on this and I'd just like to get it out of the way. This hasn't been a good last couple weeks and I can't afford to have money out in the aether like this for so long. If you'd like to take this off the board, please email me.

John
I'm going into the hospital for probable back surgery tomorrow so it will probably be Monday before I'm home to get a check off to you.
Thanks
Bill

Hi BillW,

I want to "go public" and acknowledge that I just received most of the parts I ordered from you. All that was missing from the order were the 73LG tie straps. I have the cutters, pre-sets and drive links. I e-mailed you about this as well.

Thanks.

tried your local implement dealer? they often have all kinds of belts, and usually one can be pressed into service.

Hey Bill, long time no talk. Funny that I haven't heard back from my emails or posts on other boards in the last four months. The gears of refund grind slow down there?

Refund

John
Need your address & last Name....Check ready to mail.

73216 homelite belt

I am trying to find two 73216 belts if any body knows were I can find please let me know thanks.

Latest posts

Back