Homemade push blade for Vermeer 252?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juan2tree

Reaction score
Hello. I thought I’d ask if anyone had any pics of a homemade push blade for small stumpers? I have a Vermeer 252 and was thinking about cutting off that annoying guard until I saw the great idea of the push blade while I was reviewing some old threads and saw some very interesting talk about it, especially from ozzy42 from a while back. I’m having trouble picturing the setup and any posts that included photos at the time seem to be unavailable for me to see. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Juan2Tree. Page 13 or 14 of the excellent 252 upgrades thread there is a picture of one on a 222.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/list-of-upgrades-to-vermeer-sc252.61193/page-13

I also own a 252 and would like to make one for myself this winter, although I don’t think I’ll use it as much as I originally thought I would. Small stumps yes. Big stumps no, gotta clean as you go and get the stuff out from under. If I don’t it rubs on the lower line to the hydraulic drive motor and eventually lossens the nut. Also, I will make mine out of a heave grade mesh so I can see though it as some have suddgested.

If you haven’t read that thread yet go read those 15 pages or so 3 times. I still need to add more to it. Part numbers and such I have sourced for non Vermeer quality replacements. Bearings and belts mostly. Turns out their sheeve numbers cross relatively easy. Bearings and belts not so much.

Excellent. I will do just that and hopefully be able to get more ideas that I can do or haven’t thought were possible. I like the hyd drive motor situation you mentioned and I’m definitely going to be taking a real close look at mine. I’m hoping I’ll be able to come up with something slick others will find useful too.

Latest posts

Back