Hot Blast 1557m Blower

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EjR413

Reaction score
Hello, I just moved into my house last year and have been running the Hot Blast 1557m that came with the house. I started hearing a noise coming from the blower and by the time I figured out it was the bearing and lubed it up and completely let loose on me. I was hoping someone had experience in where to find one of these blowers asap and if there are any aftermarket blowers that will fir this stove. Any help is greatly appreciated as we are experiencing very cold temps and I would like to get the family's source of heat up and running as soon as I possibly can. In my searching so far I have found the exact model blower on amazon for $250 but I did find a Dayton on another site that looks identical for $131. If it is possible to get the Dayton and use it on the 1557m will it be ok to run one after market blower and the other blower that I still have that works on the furnace. Also looking for suggestions on a new thermodisk and where to get one? I would like to have a back up if possible.

Sorry for all the questions, but I just don't want to make any rookie mistakes. Thanks for any help that anyone can provide in advance!

Hello, I just moved into my house last year and have been running the Hot Blast 1557m that came with the house. I started hearing a noise coming from the blower and by the time I figured out it was the bearing and lubed it up and completely let loose on me. I was hoping someone had experience in where to find one of these blowers asap and if there are any aftermarket blowers that will fir this stove. Any help is greatly appreciated as we are experiencing very cold temps and I would like to get the family's source of heat up and running as soon as I possibly can. In my searching so far I have found the exact model blower on amazon for $250 but I did find a Dayton on another site that looks identical for $131. If it is possible to get the Dayton and use it on the 1557m will it be ok to run one after market blower and the other blower that I still have that works on the furnace. Also looking for suggestions on a new thermodisk and where to get one? I would like to have a back up if possible.

Sorry for all the questions, but I just don't want to make any rookie mistakes. Thanks for any help that anyone can provide in advance!

Here are some better pictures. I use a OWB now but kept the Hotblast for a back up.
20190124_195900.jpg 20190124_195837.jpg 20190124_195903.jpg

So I currently have two fans on my Hot Blast. Could I disconnect the one that is broken and just hook up the one that is running? Thanks for the help! Im going to order one right away!

Back