ArboristSite.com Sponsors

How do you decide what your "ride" is?

Blue Oaks

Blue Oaks

ArboristSite Guru
My dad has been wanting a 1950 Buick Roadmaster Convertible for decades. Probably 60 years or so. He lost out on an auction a month ago or so for a VERY nice restored one that went for about $65k.

He ended up finding this one on eBay and won the auction for a little over $23k.

s-l1600[1].jpg

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
My dad has been wanting a 1950 Buick Roadmaster Convertible for decades. Probably 60 years or so. He lost out on an auction a month ago or so for a VERY nice restored one that went for about $65k.

He ended up finding this one on eBay and won the auction for a little over $23k.

View attachment 865700

Awesome! That is one great looking ride. Always liked them Buick portholes but I don’t think that car would even fit into my garage. You will be just like Steve McQueen booting around in that thing. I have never driven a straight 8 gasser. I bet it really has a pair when it comes to pulling.

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Centaur Ugh I cannot watch that Scotty guy. I haven't ever been able to finish one of his videos. More power to ya...

Scotty is not for everyone. It’s the voice and the constant hand waving. He reminds me of one of my old college profs. Crazy Uncle Bernie taught accounting and he was truly crazy, right down to playing hacky sack wearing Birkenstocks in the snow.

FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman

Row Seatin'
Finally sold the car guys! A dealer picked it up. Got a little windfall even, should also get a check from my insurance company, and possibly the state for the plates, plus my stimulus hit at the same time haha. Time to buy some big rims, Chinese rubber band mud terrains and half of a lift kit! *eyeroll*

My girlfriends dad passed away sadly and they don't have anything to do with his car so I'm using that for now keeping the mice out until they figure out the financials. Its a 2015 Cherokee, fits my tools in the back nicely for doing side work and helping her mom around the farm. I really like it, maybe better than the Subaru.

Keeping my eyes peeled for a C4 or a C3 corvette or a dump truck for the farm.

Blue Oaks

Blue Oaks

ArboristSite Guru
I put down a deposit on my next ride. For me the requirements of my commuter vehicle are Ford/HOV Lane Compliant/Fun. The Mach-E fits the bill. It's going to be the GT Performance Edition with All Wheel Drive, 480HP and 634 Foot Pounds of Torque. 0-60 will be in about 3.5 seconds, or about as fast as my supercharged Shelby! I won't get it until probably summer or fall, but I'm pretty stoked to be replacing the little **** box Focus Electric with something a whole lot more powerful, engaging, and fun to drive. This is what it'll look like. I'll be tinting the windows and probably will put some black Shelby stripes on it.

Carbonized Grey Mach-E.jpg