• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husky 372(sold) and 372 xpw(sold)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez @chipper1 how much to put this guy on payroll:ices_rofl:
I'm not sure, but he may come in handy if I decide to sell my ported 440 :happy:.
It's the best version of that saw in my opinion. Possibly the best 70cc saw of all time along with the 044/440. It's rare to find one in this condition.
Thank you sir :).
How old is it and is this saw diferant than the 372/ 2172's that I can buy now?
Not a lot in many ways, but in other ways a lot. Personally I like them both, and have them both.
Looking at your signature and how long you've been around I would think you may have a thing or two to teach me about them.
Are you just messing with me, or serious.
Anyway some others may want to know, so I'll share a few differences I'm aware of.
The new xtorq saws are have a limited coil, this oe doesn't, the xt has plastic bearing cages(but most guys don't use a saw enough to have a problem with the bearings in an xt), the oe is a little smoother due to the xt having a heavier piston and the oe has a little more power stock in the powerband(although the oe has a pretty narrow powerband).
There are other things, such as the carbs and some of the bolt's being different.
Personally I'd go down to the store and buy an xt if I needed it to make a few bucks, but the 372xp oe is a classic that has earned it's keep and anyone serious about saws should have at least one, or two :yes:.

I'm not sure, but he may come in handy if I decide to sell my ported 440 :happy:.

Not a lot in many ways, but in other ways a lot. Personally I like them both, and have them both.
Looking at your signature and how long you've been around I would think you may have a thing or two to teach me about them.
Anyway some others may want to know, so I'll share a few differences I'm aware of.
The new xtorq saws are have a limited coil, this oe doesn't, the xt has plastic bearing cages(but most guys don't use a saw enough to have a problem with the bearings in an xt), the oe is a little smoother due to the xt having a heavier piston and the oe has a little more power stock in the powerband(although the oe has a pretty narrow powerband).
There are other things, such as the carbs and some of the bolt's being different.
Personally I'd go down to the store and buy an xt if I needed it to make a few bucks, but the 372xp oe is a classic that has earned it's keep and anyone serious about saws should have at least one, or two :yes:.
No I've never had a 372.

No I've never had a 372.
Great saws, but they don't have a wide power band like some of the workhorses you have in your signature, but they are a bit lighter as well.
If you enjoy the 346 you will enjoy the 372, they make a great 2 saw plan, not that I'm promoting a 2 saw plan lol.

I've never owned a 372 so wasn't sure of the differences. I knew there were some changes to the new saws. I'm not a collector so history means nothing to me.

I haven't been on here in a while and I'm looking for a new saw so I thought I would see what's on here. I'm probably just going with a new saw. I actually need a new chain or 2 and I'll have some warranty for a little more money. Plus I can use my credit card and put the bonus miles towards my airline tickets.

Nice saw though

I've never owned a 372 so wasn't sure of the differences. I knew there were some changes to the new saws. I'm not a collector so history means nothing to me.

I haven't been on here in a while and I'm looking for a new saw so I thought I would see what's on here. I'm probably just going with a new saw. I actually need a new chain or 2 and I'll have some warranty for a little more money. Plus I can use my credit card and put the bonus miles towards my airline tickets.

Nice saw though
There you go, those are great saws.
I do have other flavors too if that would interest you more.
Feel free to shoot me a PM if you'd like.
I have to up date that signature. Many of those saws have left.
That's why mine is the way it is, that and it would be a bit long :baba:.

Sold my ported oe 372. I doubt I'll ever regret it. It was a fun saw though.

The oe's need to be revved to get the power out of 'em, the XT's have a more linear power band, but heavier

Sold my ported oe 372. I doubt I'll ever regret it. It was a fun saw though.
The oe's need to be revved to get the power out of 'em, the XT's have a more linear power band, but heavier
My dads 372oe with a simple muffler mod will just eat and glide through the wood before you realize it. It's that smooth and low vibes. Some saws you could know when you're at the end of the cut blind folded. The 372 oe is so smooth it just wants you to keep feeding it wood. I think the perfect match for these is a 24 inch bar but it will easily pull much longer. Only reason I don't own one is because Dads is here but if it ever dies I will have another.

I don't know much about the x-torx saws of the... new...however I have used /owned many of the older pre-x saws in hi top, low top, red/black , new, used, ported, .... versions, and they are stellar...my #1 pick for a do all saw and this is a very nice example ...surprised it is still here ......ttt

I don't know much about the x-torx saws of the... new...however I have used /owned many of the older pre-x saws in hi top, low top, red/black , new, used, ported, .... versions, and they are stellar...my #1 pick for a do all saw and this is a very nice example ...surprised it is still here ......ttt
Thanks Rod.
As you can tell I don't mind if it sits, I thought with the lowered price it would be gone too, but I'm fine having it, looks good with the others :).

We're all broke :laugh:

We're all not broke. My problem is that I can get a new saw with 24 inch bar and chain and warranty for a few $$$ more. That's the route I'm taking.
the very nice classic's always demand a little extra..... the o.e Husqvarna 372 ....will be decades out of warranty..... before you need it...to put a 150$ new oem top end on it .......:rolleyes:

Back