• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Husky 445 Bogs down

firecatf7333

firecatf7333

ArboristSite Lurker
445 x torx

Saw is a probably 5 years old. I cut a few cord last week with a crappy chain and saw seemed to run fine. Bought a new chain today and now the saw doesn't have the power and bogs down bc the chain is actually cutting good now. If I only use the tip of the bar it will rev good but as soon as I grab some wood it can only run about half throttle. It starts fine. I blew out air filter. I installed new generic fuel filter similar size from Napa before the new chain when it was running fine. May try a new one and also get a compression check.

Huskitoter

Huskitoter

ArboristSite Operative
Just throwing this out as a possibility. Did you happen to buy txl chain? It's more aggressive than vp or vpx and comes with the rakers set low. It will be a bigger load on the engine until you sharpen it a couple times.

NIP Group
firecatf7333

firecatf7333

ArboristSite Lurker
I bought the chain from a dealer who put it on. He said it could be a cracked fuel line or the jet needs to be opened up not getting enough fuel or the carb needs work.