Husqvarna 23 compact problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuzjr

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Working on a Husqvarna 23 compact and having problems getting it to stay running. It will crank when choked and runs about 30-45 seconds and shuts off. I have rebuilt the carb and replaced the fuel line and filter. The saw came in and had not been run in many years. Cylinder looks good through the exhaust port and has good compression. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Forgot to mention that. I ran it with the fuel cap off just to make sure but it didn't make a difference

I'm guessing this saw is a Poulan 2300 in orange.
Pull plug after 30 sec run. Plug dry - you still a fuel delivery problem. Did you replace diaphragms? Did you pull welch plug and clean 3-4 tiny holes underneath?
Plug wet = flooding. Carb check valve? Reed valve not flat? H-L screws too open?
I doubt an OEM carb is available. The little Poulan 1800 or 2000 came with a Walbro WT-3, WT-20 or WT-309.

I did replace the diaphragms but didn't pull the Welch plugs I will try this in the next couple days and update. Thanks for the info.

Removed Welch plug and cleaned all the holes and replaced. Also cleaned the flywheel and coil and reset the coil today. I also checked the tank vent just to be sure. No change. Still cranks on choke and dies in about 30 seconds. It will crank right back in 3-4 pulls and run for about 30 seconds. Plug is a little wet after running it but not much at all. I'm thinking the carb is bad. Any body had any experience like this or know if it could be a bad carb?

Back