• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 350 - lightly ported and ready to go! -$300 +ship

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyo

Youtube Speciawist
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Up for sale today is one of the nice husky's that I previously had for sale and didn't sell....after playing around with it a bit more, I decided to put in to it an aftermarket 346xp lookalike cylinder, and new meteor piston. I did some light port work on the cylinder, smoothed the transfers, opened the intake and exhaust... messed around w/ the base adapter some, including grinding it on a milling machine so that I could narrow the squish without losing my base gasket....its effectively gasket delete without the gasket delete :) squish is right at .020 .... has a new metal intake clamp and partition, new AM clutch cover, spark plug, fuel filter, air filter...etc etc. etc. I have WAY too much $$ and time into this saw.... but it was a fun project for sure.
Compression is 160+ ... the meteor piston is brandy new ...so this may go up a bit...

UPDATE ON COMPRESSION: a/o 1-16-15 the compression measured 175! ran half a tank and its already up there!

I can ship this with the (currently mounted) 18" stens bar and a 75% oregon lgx chain, (might be BPX.... don't remember) ... or with a brandy new 16" husky bar and brandy new 16" oregon chain....your choice.... or if you want both add an extra $40.

I take paypal. Ships from CT, USA.

This will need to be more closely tuned...I've tuned by ear, but expect some adjustments....

20141207_104237[1].jpg 20141207_104319[1].jpg 20141207_104258[1].jpg
20141128_102815.jpg 20141128_201246.jpg

This is nearly identical to my FIRST ever 350 build. It probably runs just the same, which is as good as some of the better 60cc saws!
Hopefully you got the bottom screws loc-tited?

hmm... which bottom screws? base plate to chassis, or cyl to base plate? honestly, I put the ones in the bottom on TIGHT, w/ loctite 515 sealer, the cyl/baseplate screws are in w/ blue loctite....and are fine thread, but shortened so they won't bottom out...

Thanks for the vote of confidence. ....I just made one for myself too ....only is has all the junky looking components...I sell the nice looking stuff :)
I bet my junk "gas mizer" 350 is worse than your crappy saw!! Every where you look in it, junk parts!

Ahh Crap -- this is the 350 I SHOULD have bought and I would have just come picked it up in Farmington CT where you are.
The fleabay one will be here this week. Want to trade? (that's a joke). It probably needs the new clamp at a minimum, but would love the extra power features yours has.

Really? I see you have 4 x 350's so I guess you like tinkering with them. The one I have on the way is probably bone stock but a good runner and looks like decent condition -- I've got $200 into it ($175 + shipping) so I could probably throw some money your way plus the saw to get yours for weekend warrior work.

Sure -- here's the blurb from ebay original listing http://www.ebay.com/itm/111530557349

Up for bid is a very nice clean low hour Husqvarna 350...This is a 52 cc saw...It starts idles and runs very well....The chain brake and oiler work as they should.....This is a lightweight powerful saw....there is no issues with this saw.....No breaks in the plastic and is very good cosmetically and mechanically....saw come with and 18" bar and chain....Put this saw to work today!!!

The youtube video he used:

The original ebay listing, seems after being sold you can't look at the still pictures. What I'll do is let the saw arrive (should be here in a day or two) and if yours is still up for sale, we can talk about it. You are not too far away -- I'm originally from Connecticut and used to work at BJFW in Farmington ages ago for summer high school work. This means no shipping needed which makes it compelling to get you highly upgraded saw. We'll be in touch!

Thanks!

I saw that ebay listing already.... yeah, have a look at the saw and see whats up with it. Sometimes best to leave them alone and use em....get your use out of it...then pass it along. I've been trying to get rid of my 350's.... I really don't need all of them. I'll likely end up with 3.... which is still more than I need. I like the idea of a local sale though.... :)

I'm not sure how else to respond? are you curious about my listing? curious about what I did ( .... though it'd be unlikely you'd learn much from me... in fact it's likely the other way around) are you knocking my listing? critical of my port work?

I'm for sure a beginner when it comes to port work. I, in no way wish to communicate to a buyer that I'm an expert, merely a guy that is learning and having a good time, and hopefully resurrecting a saw to a level beyond what it would be otherwise....possibly beyond what the model (350) warrants for rebuild. I'm not looking for profit, just getting out what I have in it.

Ah, now I understand.... I widened and squared off the roundness of the port... more closely matched the exhaust size w/ the gasket. I did not play with the timing... I do not have a wheel, nor have I gotten that fancy yet. I DID check and recheck squish to optimize it though...and by machining the base adapter I was able to retain the gasket.

what I DON"T want it a buyer to think this was professionally done... this is done by a guy messing around and having a good time and doing it for the sake of doing it and seeing whats possible for a guy w/ a dremel tool (actually, its a bosch cordless 10.8v) and a little ambition. I have no intention of doing this professionally, just learning on a few saws and passing them along if they come out ok. If something don't work, I eat the cost...such is the price of learning.

Latest posts

Back