Husqvarna 55 with 028 super piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millpro

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok I upgraded to a 46mm closed port cylinder and piston on this 51. My squish was terrible at .60 I had a 028 super pop up laying around so got to mocking it and found the wrist pin to top of piston was .40 taller on the 028. With no base gasket I'm at .20 . problem is with this pop up I'm hiting the spark plug when I turn it over. Can I just space my plug with a extra washer to fix my clearance issue???

Sounds like you are building something unusual. If the whole piston deal works out then y not try to space the plug. I know on my ms290 big bore kit I had to plug the decompression port and it was a bolt with 2 washers but I think they were aluminum. I would think as long as it seals you would be good. It's all about compression. Compress air and fuel and add spark and it runs.

I was afraid my ring pin location would get in a port but I guess my porting didn't get wide enough to get in the way. I did have to machine a little off the inside boss's of the piston so the rod would have adequate space as it was to narrow. Didn't take enough out to be concerned with. Yea should be a little runner for sure and should have tons of compression.

Millpro, by any chance did ya make a note of the distance from the wrist pin to the piston deck/top?
I've been wondering if the 028 super piston would fit in an Echo blower engine.
The Echo has 10mm pin, So if the 028 is different, kinda ends my question.

Echo piston is dome top.
Piston is approx 1.690 tall across top of dome.
piston is approx 1.620 at edge of dome.
Piston diam is 1.808 with no skirt taper.
The pin looks about .3933 ish.
The pin bosses look about .530 gap at mid point of the hole.
There is a draft angle and it's non machined as you can see.
Plus that lead in angle, goes to roughly 35~40 pct of the hole diam.
about .700 or a bit more wide at the start of the angle.

Eyeballing with the trusty dial calipers and my bad eyes,
Looks to be about .750 from touching top of the pin, to the edge of piston dome.

And yes boys & girls, Echo did put the ring pins on the exhaust side of the piston. I figured the one still mounted would help illustrate that tidbit.

These were just quick, handheld shots of the piston.
If anyone wants a better look at something,
let me know and I'll set a tripod with lights and try to get a better image for you.

I may be headed out of town for a few days,
So please forgive me if I'm not back online to look for any answer, for a little bit.

Edit: added height/length of piston.

Attachments

• p 1.JPG
    p 1.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 16
  • p 2.JPG
    p 2.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 14
  • p 3.JPG
    p 3.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 14
  • p 4.JPG
    p 4.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 15
  • p 5.JPG
    p 5.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 14
  • p 6.JPG
    p 6.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 16
46 bore . 38.5 tall. Pin is 10x31.5x6 so yes the pin will fit your rod. I have a other 028 super piston and I will try and get your pin to top of piston tomorrow

Back