Husqvarna 555fx problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sre09

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello everyone. A friend gave me to look at his 555fx because it starts but runs at full throttle. I decided to investigate further, i found that the screw on the throttle carb linkage was missing and the carb throttle plate was in the intake. I removed the top end and discovered that the screw hit the piston, but the cylinder was ok. So i ordered a new carb and a new piston all OEM parts. I put them toghether and it started right up, but it doesnt run right. From cold it starts on 2 pulls of cord, but it boggs down when i try to give some throttle.
Here is a video to see how it runs
What could be the problem?

Don`t run it that way, you may risk engine damage. Also is the machine serviced properly? (No air leaks, filters air and fuel filters in good condition)? Would also be a good idea to do a pressure and vac test, to see if air leaks are present. If this is alright you have to tune the carburetor to factory specifications. The idle mixture sounds also a bit lean to me.

Was just tuning a brand new one for a guy other day. Dealer left it factory I would guess and the owner couldnt stand the bog getting on throttle and dying at idle.

All good now. I will say what a freaking beast. See why he sold the stihl 450 now.

GL and will be paying attention to this when it comes back in.

h555fxx.jpgs450.jpg

Was just tuning a brand new one for a guy other day. Dealer left it factory I would guess and the owner couldnt stand the bog getting on throttle and dying at idle.

All good now. I will say what a freaking beast. See why he sold the stihl 450 now.

GL and will be paying attention to this when it comes back in.

View attachment 837076View attachment 837078
How did you tune the carb? My carb screws doesnt turn more than 1 turn

Back