Husqvarna T536 LiXP Battery powered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great videos, Thanks for posting!:)

I can see the battery powered top handle saws becoming commonplace in urban areas, due to noise and emissions regulations.

The loud, smelly old gas saws still have their place out in the boonies (like me) though...:msp_biggrin:

Amazing! Alone seeing that the chip discharge area was clogged and the saw wipped all the chips out the top as if it was normal. Very impressing. Going to be intresting seeing the future.

Available in Germany???

I will be in Stuttgart Germany in about 10 days, does anyone know if it is available for purchase there? Does it have a 220Volt charger?

Thanks

BigShotShotGun.gif

3,6 m/s for the Ryobi and 20 m/s for the husqvarna.....

Think that says enough ;-)
The husky looks amazing. I called my local dealer to find out when they will be available in the States. He'd never even heard of the saw and tried to sell me the Stihl. I have some cutting work next week where I need a portable and quiet saw so I ordered the Ryobi to hold me over. I didn't want to get $1000 tied up in the Stihl technology when the Husky is what I want. Once the T536 is finally released I can give the Ryobi away and get the Husky.

I watched wouter's videos on youtube last night and the second video is even better than the first. He has some mad tree removal skills. I was about the buy the Oregon saw until I saw these videos. Does anyone know the chain speed of the Oregon and Stihl battery saws?

Very nice

Now we have to see the cost. If it was similar in price to a gas saw, and the batteries were say less than $150, I could see them being real hot sellers. Nicer urban removal jobs will love a quiet job as well as a clean one.

Chainspeed for the Oregon and Stihl are the same 12 m/s
The Husqvarna T536 LiXP has a chainspeed of 20 m/s running normal and 14 m/s on energy saver mode.

The high costs is all in the battery pack, you can easily use for the backhandle version of the 536 as well. And you don't have to buy petrol any more, it's better for your own health and your environment. See details about other battery tools in this link to the dutch website.

Husqvarna Battery Series

I watched those vids and quickly came to the conclusion that I'd hate to be using a whirring buzzing screeching monstrosity like that up a tree. A city-slicker saw if ever there was one. That noise for more than a few minutes would send you round the twist . Gimme a rip snorting 200T with open exhaust and three times the power of that toy. Any day of the week.

I watched those vids and quickly came to the conclusion that I'd hate to be using a whirring buzzing screeching monstrosity like that up a tree. A city-slicker saw if ever there was one. That noise for more than a few minutes would send you round the twist . Gimme a rip snorting 200T with open exhaust and three times the power of that toy. Any day of the week.

Most cities have a huge tree canopy.

What happened man, you get a run in your pantyhose or something? Break a heel off your stripper shoes spurs? Why do you go on and on about those little tiny stihl grandma rosebush trimmer saws, you can't one hand a 460 up in the tree?

;)

I will be in Stuttgart Germany in about 10 days, does anyone know if it is available for purchase there? Does it have a 220Volt charger?

Thanks

BigShotShotGun.gif

The chargers are different for different markets, so hardly interchangable?

Last edited:
What happened man, you get a run in your pantyhose or something? Break a heel off your stripper shoes spurs? Why do you go on and on about those little tiny stihl grandma rosebush trimmer saws, you can't one hand a 460 up in the tree?

;)

LOL careful zog, you're not from the mean and nasty echo crowd by any chance? getting all precious on me are ya?

Thanks
There's no 110 volts US charger available yet. In Europe the home socket spits 220 volts, thus the Husqvarna battery charger we use is a 220 version.

O and another thing.
The Husqvarna 536 LiXP is very hot at the moment and in Europe by now completely sold out. The factory never in their wildest dreams thought it would sell so well.

Last edited:
Keep up the good work PGG and i reckon you'd better let the city slickers do their own nice and clean pruning :msp_wink:

I'm used to petrol engines for 13 years now up in the tree and am ready for some changing over to the less smelly saws, the screeming sound isn't great, that bit is mostly overscreemed by a two stroke engine on a normal saw.

I really like the perfect silence in between where you can actually hear what going on around you and what the groundcrew is doing. It's just something you get used to, but way less annoying compared to the great sound of a two stroke engine, and don't get me wrong here.
If there is anyone with petrol in his vains and really, I mean REALY, enjoying the sound of a nice engine it's me !!!!

But when it comes to working in silence, I can really enjoy that as well. it's kind of strange in the beginning and it gives you an idea it lacks power, but it just keeps going ! The sound isn't great, just like I said before, but there are other features that makes this a nice saw ;-)

Cheers mate.

Yeah, and when I was a kid, I walked over 20 miles per day in the snow just to get to school and back. And it was straight uphill in both directions.

LOL careful zog, you're not from the mean and nasty echo crowd by any chance? getting all precious on me are ya?

hahahah! I have a few! hehehehehe Also have husky poulan mac homelite one ancient "green machine" carcass and one busted stihl 310 needs a top end or kit or shortblock or something (freebie to me)

have a buncha saws now though, 32 to 94 cc, and I am brand agnostic. My criteria is run/doesn't run, cheap or free.

I actually really like my oregon battery saw. Not that I use it for every cut in every situation, but I do use it and like it. It's also the only saw my GF can start and run, say in an emergency situation. I also like it because I have a small solar rig and in any long term zombie apocalypse scenario I can keep it charged up.

Ain't kidding on that one, neither...as we can see lately, all it takes is one storm to really bork up the gasoline supply. have plenty of offroad diesel here,l but not so much gasoline. It's just nice to have bases covered and backups for backups. also have some handsaws and whatnot, and hand split my wood (I am fairly good at that)

My only running tophandles are old poulans, they cut pretty good for what I have into them. In fact, for gassers, my s25cva is my best saw deal I think I got, dollars per cut potential. I mean ten bucks and a carb cleaning and new fuel line and filter..That would buy me a....200T decal maybe. The 200Ts are very nice saws, but you have to have a real good use for one as well, and the income (I do not...), or luck out and find a good deal used (not real likely). I would not really ever dismiss the 200T, seen them working, they are ace saws. But for around fifteen bucks total cost to me, the little poulan green brick can certainly get the job done, and quite well!

I don't cut professionaly unless you count having to cut as part of my farm duties professional, but proly a lot more than most joe home mortgage note payers.

I thought that husky electric looked pretty darn good anyway for a battery saw. Yep, spendy, but top of the line new tech is always spendy, no matter whatever that is.

Last edited:
Back