I haven't bought a saw in six months!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I can’t say I haven’t bought a saw in 6 months now, I did go for a 6 month spell without buying saws earlier this year. Right now I am trying to thin the herd, though. (I say that as I’m looking at getting another saw I don’t need)

My ms290 I bought in 2012. The 461 in 2016. Both are running Great! If I was to buy a new chainsaw every 6 months, I don't know where I would even put them. Additionally there are only so many brands and models, that soon you have to begin buying the same thing over and over again.

When I buy a CD of a popular musician, I don't buy it again.

I must confess that one of the burned-out, straight-gassed saws that was handed to me (fix it and it's yours) is an MS 441C M-Tronic. I rebuilt the whole saw and it now runs like a bandit. It might have cost me over a grand to buy another one like it. The original owner has deep pockets and bought an MS 661C for his crew.

Judging from how well his crew treats the saws that he allows them to use, that's the next one on my list to accept with the same offer. I'll likely take him up on it unless it's been run over by a Cat crawler.

I must confess that one of the burned-out, straight-gassed saws that was handed to me (fix it and it's yours) is an MS 441C M-Tronic. I rebuilt the whole saw and it now runs like a bandit. It might have cost me over a grand to buy another one like it. The original owner has deep pockets and bought an MS 661C for his crew.

Judging from how well his crew treats the saws that he allows them to use, that's the next one on my list to accept with the same offer. I'll likely take him up on it unless it's been run over by a Cat crawler.

I have some neighbors that give sheit away, just to get rid of it easily. They offered me a nearly new 65 inch LED TV. Wow! It was to big for their space, and even that much to large for my space. Unfortunately he has only one saw, a small rancher Stihl, that he rarely uses. Does seem likely I'm going to get any pro saws from him anytime ever.

My ms290 I bought in 2012. The 461 in 2016. Both are running Great! If I was to buy a new chainsaw every 6 months, I don't know where I would even put them. Additionally there are only so many brands and models, that soon you have to begin buying the same thing over and over again.

When I buy a CD of a popular musician, I don't buy it again.

I wasn’t talking about new saws. Guys on here who have the addiction understood what I meant. It’s used, non runner type stuff. Too good of a deal to pass up. Around here they happen everyday. Use to be hard not to bring saws home every week. But like a lot on here eventually you find yourself with 50 saw projects that you’ll never touch. It’s a slippery slope!

I keep thinking of the infamous Bill G that was here trying to sell his 500 to 600 saw collection that ruined his marriage. Last we heard he was doing time. Nobody has been as forthcoming, but plenty here have saw collections near, at and over 100 saws. Those must be the 1, 2, or 3 a month buyers.

I feel that way about beer, not saws. :cool:

I keep thinking of the infamous Bill G that was here trying to sell his 500 to 600 saw collection that ruined his marriage. Last we heard he was doing time. Nobody has been as forthcoming, but plenty here have saw collections near, at and over 100 saws. Those must be the 1, 2, or 3 a month buyers.

I feel that way about beer, not saws. :cool:

Bad thing about not looking is I miss out on the really good deals. Last one I had was a clean 288. Good running saw.Think I paid $180 for it. Ported it and sold for $800 I think. Great saw

I have made it up for you, in the last 6 months, I have bought :

"NEW"
543XP
562XP
372XP (XT)
395XP

"USED"
346XP (OE)
372XPW

I "THINK" that is it

But, yeah, even with CAD/CSMD, I have pretty much everything that I "NEED",
Wait......... Did I really just say that??????

Hi, I'm Doug,........ and I have a Problem..............

Two Problems actually,
My Garage isn't BIG ENOUGH,
and My Budget isn't BIG ENOUGH

Doug :cheers:

Back