Advice for piston and cylinder for husky 61/266 to 272 conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drillerman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Helping a friend out with his old white top 61 and it's looking like his piston is on its last leg(skirts getting thin)and the cylinder plating is getting thin. Thought about upgrading it to a 272 jug and slug with a pop up piston. I personally just acquired a 266 with about the same story. Sadly spent about 3+ hours sanding off alum transfer to find out the plating underneath was also thin. Oh well. Definitely want to upgrade mine to the larger p and c. Was curious about your opinions on the proline p&c from sawzilla. I've had good luck so far with the smaller proline parts. I've heard that their p&c are basically a hyway rebranded. Can anyone confirm that? I was even thinking about getting one of each and comparing the two. I'm not going to go the OEM route before anyone says anything. Not in the budget. May even try some basic porting. Time will tell. Thanks in advance for any info.

Not sure that a 272 cylinder of anyones make will fit under a white top cover of an old 61 will it?
That's a great question...im willing to do some "fitting" if needed. I'm going to pick up an aftermarket cover for mine and see if one or the other will be easier to retrofit.

Latest posts

Back