Husky 66 AM cylinder id

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel Freak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
After about a year and a half, I've finally torn into my 66 (black top) project. I bought this saw not running and was told it had been rebuilt. After fiddling with it a few times I tore it down to the crankcase so i could verify it was assembled correctly. I highly suspect the p&c are AM because there are no distinguishable markings and the cylinder is painted black. Also, the top cover is a b*tch to get on without removing the handle so I suspect it might be a Chinese 272 topend. I put a mic on the piston and it measured 50.8 mm across the center of it. I don't have calipers/bore mic to measure inside the cylinder. The most insane part is that the piston has a single ring groove but has 2 thin rings stacked together and it pulls 160 psi! Any ideas as to what I'm dealing with?

I think your right about it being a Chinese cylinder. If your keeping it I suggest you put a single ring on it.

Black Chinese 272 cylinder
619lgVKDuFL._SL1200_.jpg

The piston diameter seems like it would be too small for the 52mm cylinder of a 272. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

Latest posts

Back