Is Anyone Interested In Seeing How I Port A 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The site has been pretty slow.......I wasn't sure anyone would be interested right now.

I have a pretty mild approach to this model.

You know Randy... I want to venture into this world. I always like your posts, I would love to see how you go about your tinkering.

I've got some pics loading to Photobucket.

I've done these saws so many different ways it ain't funny. Windowed piston, non-windowed ......raise the cylinder walls, don't raise em. Popups, cut squish, different pistons, AM jugs, XPW jugs, XP jugs........I like to think I'm building a stout 372 these day with all the different stuff I've tried but......hell who really knows.

well for the record,,, here is the one randy did for me,, he did not build it for racing just for work,, I like,, I like:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

before
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V6TWANjDOzI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

after

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/10aUUxoPl18" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hope this helps you randy,, heck free advertising

The 372 is a saw that I think will run just as well with a popup......but I still cut the squish band.

This is the XPW jug......it's just roughed in right now. I still have quite a lot of slicking up to do.

On the XPW I cut .060 from the squish band and set the squish clearance at .024. That yields about 190psi at my elevation.

Thats why you are a respected saw builder been there and done that and always trying new things,thats how ya find out what works and what dont.

Did you ever get that bung computer sorted out ?
Just wondering if you ever got the 241C pics,build back.:)

Thats why you are a respected saw builder been there and done that and always trying new things,thats how ya find out what works and what dont.

Did you ever get that bung computer sorted out ?
Just wondering if you ever got the 241C pics,build back.:)

Not yet. Young has it and is in the process of porting it for me. :D

Latest posts

Back