• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Is this cause for concern?

outdoortype

outdoortype

ArboristSite Guru
I just purchased a new OEM piston and cylinder for the Husqvarna 2260/562xp. It was a good deal on Ebay and it's mainly for a backup-my saw is fine. I noticed that the bag was open and one of the circlips was installed in the piston. The piston is really clean like I doubt it could have been used. But what concerns me are the slight vertical scratch marks on the piston. They are very faint but I can feel them with my fingernail. Take a look and see what you guys think. I haven't contacted the seller because I don't know if it's any real concern.

Attachments

cuinrearview

cuinrearview

Red saw lover
One clip in there suggests it may have been hung on the rod. I would not sweat those marks. I don't think they came from a cylinder. If it was assembled and ran at all you would feel and smell gas.

Dean-O

Dean-O

ArboristSite Member
Also that piston looks like it has never been installed, every Husqvarna piston I get for a repair (tons of them) look just like that. I wouldnt stress out on the small surface scratches.