It was cold so I bought some wood...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnice_37

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
And made this little indoor wood rack instead with the "help" of my 4 year old daughter. $10 in 2"x3" and the rest of material was on hand.

Each half holds just over a day's worth of BTUs on these coldest days of winter.

Thanks guys, I don't know about furniture grade, unless we are talking The Mill Store furniture grade... but a couple coats of paints hides plenty of sins.

Which brings me to my next question... do secondary burn stoves do ok with painted wood? :p

Printed the pic and going to build one!

Thank you!

You can make that whatever size to fit whatever corner. Really cool idea. You ought to submit it to one of those Handyman magazines.

Printed the pic and going to build one!

Thank you!

You can make that whatever size to fit whatever corner. Really cool idea. You ought to submit it to one of those Handyman magazines.

You guys give me way too much credit. Very basic materials and design, just needed to increase the indoor storage as the hearth rack was rather small. Made it fit my crammed lliving room, so as tall as the window sill and wide as the opening, it ended up about 34" H x 42"W and sized it 11" deep which matched the top shelf piece of wood I have on hand.

I figure a new coat of paint each year, and it should work out ok.

The wife was sold when she saw the top shelf and learned she could "use" it. Too easy, gotta love a marriage where we instantly claim new spaces....

His & her sheds (built these in 2012 & 2013, mine is the first :rock: ) Don't worry about the one behind hers, it will get knocked down eventually.

Built this little workshop behind the house. Similar construction to yours looks like.

It's where I go to "be with my saws" :)

7veQwz2.jpg

lctSnz6.jpg

Nice spike! Sam Adams sign has me beat!! I have similar kerosene heater in my basement, damned if I know where to buy kerosene...

Back