John Deere 70v

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDee

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hey look what I got to play with today
PICT0444.JPG

Auto oiler adjuster on the top behind the handle. Compression release lever above the muffler. Fast idle trigger lock by the trigger
PICT0446.JPG

Manual oiler by the kill switch. Kill switch requires extra jiggle sometimes. I guess the idle adjuster behind the rope handle once had a bigger knob.
PICT0445.JPG

All that stuff, No wonder it weight a ton. The bar is bad so I did not get to cut but it fires right up, revs and idles on and on. It has a spur sprocket and a very simple-looking filter. Where the JD yellow is thin you can see Echo red showing through. When I find a bar I will run it by a Homelite 925 for comparison.

Does anyone know of John Deere fanciers' club? Don

Attachments

• PICT0449.JPG
    PICT0449.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 9
  • PICT0447.JPG
    PICT0447.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 6
  • PICT0448.JPG
    PICT0448.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 7
  • PICT0443.JPG
    PICT0443.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 7
I have a number of the Echo built John Deere saws (including a 70), though I do not get to run them much. When I move my saws to my new house I will get a "family" photo.

image.jpg image.jpg

Guido, you are everywhere, man. And you make great posts...

And my first ex-wife went to school in Moorehead, not far from you in Lexington. Beautiful.

And your saws are much brighter than the one I came across.

I have a modern 80cc echo that began life as a quik-vent, thus bigger carb and extra zoot. I guess that would not be a fair comparison for this one. Would the 80v jug go on this 70v body? Not that the 70 needs any help.

I only have 2 saws with me at my new house, all the rest are in storage. I hope to be able to start moving them this weekend. This is a shot when I had the unit about 1/2 full, the saws are piled 3 rows high on the left.

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back