Jonsered 2094 and 2095 differences.... also 394/395 parts??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawGarage

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey Guys..

Anyone know the differences in the 2094 and 2095??

I thought they shared MOST parts with 394/395 saws...as in:

2094 would use the same topend and carb setup as the 394
2095 would use the same topend and carb setup as the 395

Bailey's lists the mufflers for the 4 saws interchanging....they are different. (at least in external bolting and appearance...)

Supposedly the pistons will interchange too...

I bought a 2095 and the saw originally needed minor work to get running. Was listed as good spark, and good compression.. IT HAS 90 PSI!!:angry::angry:

It seems like the seller will work with me in regards to helping cover the cost of repairs. It needs ATLEAST a piston/rings. Judging by the condition, it has has VERY LITTLE use (the clutch cover has NO missing paint, and the handle wrap is all there!!)

I will tear down tomorrow, and see how the jug is...

UGH,

There are a few threads regarding this. When I got the 2094 I had I did a little research and I believe that they are totally different saws. 2094/2095 an 394/395 top ends, etc., are no the same. SawTroll can correct me if I am wrong but I believe he once said that meybe the bar nuts are the same and thats about it. Hope you get it running good. Ergonomics aside, that 2095 I had is one saw I wish I wouldhave kept.

There are a few threads regarding this. When I got the 2094 I had I did a little research and I believe that they are totally different saws. 2094/2095 an 394/395 top ends, etc., are no the same. SawTroll can correct me if I am wrong but I believe he once said that meybe the bar nuts are the same and thats about it. Hope you get it running good. Ergonomics aside, that 2095 I had is one saw I wish I wouldhave kept.

I own a 2094, and I believe you are correct. Bottom line the 2094 was a little hotter saw outta the box. I would love to find a NOS 2094.:clap:

Hey John,

you know me, I HATE the results of the search function, I did some reading/searching the other night, but didn't return too many concise thoughts...

OH, my long-overdue Rep has been sent :cheers:

You can see where my confusion resides here:

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=HVP+503+71+13+07&catID=1885

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=QH+50371+1307&catID=1885

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=141467

Although, I did find some better stuff actually google -ing, and AS came up in the search results..

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=47042

i did just find this from JJ (same thread as above....)- http://www.arboristsite.com/showpost.php?p=647859&postcount=34

I must have missed that the other night....

Yeah, the 2094/2095 cylinder is different from the 394 cylinder and the 395 cylinder as well. The 394 uses a solid intake block behind the carburetor, the 2094/2095 uses a rubber boot.

Yeah, the 2094/2095 cylinder is different from the 394 cylinder and the 395 cylinder as well. The 394 uses a solid intake block behind the carburetor, the 2094/2095 uses a rubber boot.

Hey JJ,

I was thinking/hoping the 2095 and the 395 were interchangeable.....but once I saw the muffler was different, I started to wonder. I know the 395 uses the phenolic block, and the 395 uses the boot/clamp.

It seems the 2095 uses a boot as well, but a Tilly carb (which I have NO problem with. my experience is Tilly's can flow LOTSA fuel...

Well... :dizzy:

hmm... what are my cyl option choices in case I need to go that route? Hopefully it's just a stuck ring and alum x-fer....:mad: was SUPPOSED to be only Fuel system stuff :angry:

JJ- do you have insight into 395 and 2095 piston differences??

Thanks,

J

There are a few threads regarding this. When I got the 2094 I had I did a little research and I believe that they are totally different saws. 2094/2095 an 394/395 top ends, etc., are no the same. SawTroll can correct me if I am wrong but I believe he once said that meybe the bar nuts are the same and thats about it. ......

I remember I discussed the issue with Spike60 some years ago, and I believe that basically is what came out of it. He knew a lot more than I did, and I assume he still does!

The 2094 was a development of the 930 etc, while the 394xp was a totally new design.

Last edited:
I remember I discussed the issue with Spike60 some years ago, and I believe that basically is what came out of it. He knew a lot more than I did, and I assume he still does!

The 2094 was a development of the 930 etc, while the 394xp was a totally new design.

does this mean the piston hides half-way in the crankcase- ALA: 910/920/930? I thought I saw somwhere a 2095 piston can be used in a 394/395...but I'm not sure if any mods have to be done to it...

I'd like to get this saw going...

there's not even ANY chain scarring on the clutch side!

J

does this mean the piston hides half-way in the crankcase- ALA: 910/920/930? I thought I saw somwhere a 2095 piston can be used in a 394/395...but I'm not sure if any mods have to be done to it...

I'd like to get this saw going...

there's not even ANY chain scarring on the clutch side!

J

Sorry, but ask the real experts, not me! ;)

Troll, Is there any way that you know of to obtain an O.E.M P/C w/decomp button for the Jonsered 2094? Do you know off hand if they are available from Jonsered or Tilton? Thanks Saw Troll. :kilt:

I guess a person could call Tilton directly and find out. I believe there are aftermarket P/C w/decomp button for the 2094. Anyone know of O.E.M. availability? Thanks.:pumpkin2:

Latest posts

Back