Jonsered 2149

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogger

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey, just wondering if anyone has this saw and ifthey like it. Im thinking about buying one...all im doing is some limbing work on the local atv trails.
Thanks
Lk

Bogger, Welcome! I have not used a 2149 yet but it will be my next saw. A lot of people have good things to say about it. If it holds up as well as my Jonsered(s) 49SP (1979) I'll be very pleased.

I replaced a Stihl 026 Pro with a 2149 a few weeks ago. I like the Jonsered better. Feels better, seems to pull the 18 inch bar better, better anti-vibe too. Have to see how well it stands up.

Bogger, I personally like the 2149 very much..I feel they are every bit as good as any pro saw in its class...I just finished building one for one of our fellow arboristsite guys, and they are strong and fast...for their size of course...you will also find that they are a few dollars cheaper...let me know if you are interested in a canadian price, or "tuned up":)

Tuned-Up

What do mean by tuned uplike serviceor make it scream...how much in canadian is it....cause ilive right on the border,
LK

G'day Bogger,

Yeah, you gotta watch that Dennis fella, hes a Canuck himself ya know! He'll make it scream alright!
But seriously now, Dennis can work a bit of magic, or 'enhance' the performance for your saw.
Hes still hopped up on fumes from racing saws for the last week or two, so you may get a good price outa him!!..
Cheers
Charlie.

Its gonna cost me huh...

Hey dennis,
what if I buy the stock saw and use it for a couple weeks and then have you soup it up is that anything you're interested in or not?
Later: Luke

Luke, I have found it is much easier to work the saws over when they are new...not only does it let the ring seat in properly and make it much easier to keep the job clean...but it saves a bunch of freight as well.

Alright Then...

Alright, i can see where your coming from. So umm how much would you build me that saw for?? If you don't want to post it you can e-mail it to me at ([email protected]) Could you tell me actually what you do to them??
Thanks
Luke

hey dennis, just for the purpose of conversation. " if " the 2149 and the 346xp were the same price, which saw would you prefer to run. just stock, no modifications. the reason i ask is i was interested in purchasing a 346 until i read a few things you had to say about the 2149. now i'm wondering:confused: also if i were to put a modified muffler on one of these saws what kind of extra power/performance could i expect??? and would you consider doing just the muffler? thanks

muffler

hey where could i get my hands on an aftermarket muffler..if it will do anything for me? Dennis i dont know if i can do the "tunage" right now...money is kinda tight, u know what i mean
thanks forall the details though and you will be my first choice when i buy my next saw
Luke

Yukon, I have to say I am "red biased" I have been a Jonsered man since I started running saws...I like the way they look, the way they feel....if I had to pay more to use one every day...I would...good ol' stump mentality.....but hey..that is what makes the world turn..

Bogger...for a modified muffler, contact myself or Walkers saw shop...I have one for the 2149/346 in stock..

Back