Knockoff MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he'd kept "Stihl" out of the title, he'd have been OK: it is, after all, an MS660 (see! says so right on the cover!). The closest it's been to a Stihl factory, though, is the one it went past on the way to the airport...

Should've listed it as a "still" MS 660. Love how well they replicated the MS660 tag too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure it'll cut wood but for how long? The thing is that the seller knows chainsaws. He has many listed and I frequently recognize his ads on Craigslist. Just seems deceptive in my opinion.

Haha. I considered it but he only had a number listed and wasn't sure if it accepted texts.

Ya I felt he was so pathetic, I dialed the number, and then Instantly hung up.... Then I sent a text to that number.... He may get it, he may not, but something about liars just pisses me right off!!!!

Ya I felt he was so pathetic, I dialed the number, and then Instantly hung up.... Then I sent a text to that number.... He may get it, he may not, but something about liars just pisses me right off!!!!

What's sad is that he has several other rebuilt actual Stihl saws on there. Well what used to be Stihl's. Gotta wonder about the quality of parts and labor.

What's sad is that he has several other rebuilt actual Stihl saws on there. Well what used to be Stihl's. Gotta wonder about the quality of parts and labor.

Well what chaps my a** is the fact that he lies right off the bat.... I mean hell I have rebuilt a few saws now, but would never ever sell one I wouldn't trust to a friend or family member.... I ain't a rich man by any means, but I wouldn't take all the money in the world to have to cheapt people... Pitiful!!!!

Well I ain't messin with this dirt bag any more but he did write me back lol... Here is what he said...if someone else wants to talk to him he will reply to the number in the add!!!

"Let me see if I get this ok. It's fine if Stijl mfg their 038 saws in Brazil and used some Taiwanese cylinder instead of the Mahle used on the 038 mag made in Germany. And it's ok if the Mexicans make the little 017 and 018. But if it isn't ok'd by Stihl in plain English the stuff coming out of China has to be a fake. A person would have to be a complete moron to believe that all these countries set up, tooled up and started prpducing parts foeverything except current production models which is and will be where the money will be in parts sales for a while to come. So if you think Stihl doesn't have something to do with this well dream on. "

Haha. Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night I guess. That's quite the conspiracy theory. Why wouldn't they just keep producing the parts themselves especially since the Stihl logo marks it up substantially.

Are you sure it's not a Stihl with aftermarket plastic on it? I had a couple of 290s that had bad clutch covers on them, I think one had a bad starter on it and I replaced them with aftermarket, didn't look exactly original but the working parts were Stihl.

Back