Kool-Grind

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I purchased a stick of Granberg Kool-Grind grinder lubricant after seeing it mentioned a few times on A.S. Haven't tried it yet, but was surprised at how small the stick was (about 2" long and 1/2" diameter). I was expecting it to be about the size of a lumber crayon, but it is smaller than a tube of Chap-Stick.

Does this stuff really last, or do you guys go through it pretty fast?

Philbert

attachment.php

I'm no expert on grinding. I used it for awhile but quit after the guys at Madsen's said all it did was plug up the grinding wheel. I just go slow and use a light touch now.

I use some grinding lube that I bought from Enco. Can't remember the brand. The package is quite a bit bigger than chapstick, more like deodorant. :laugh:

It helps a little when grinding, and yes I do use it.

What surprised me though, is that it also works on files. Keep your files lubed and they won't plug up as fast.

I also use it on carbide burrs, where it serves the same purpose.

I just go slow and use a light touch now.

I am no expert either but i did sharpen chains everyday for about 15 years. I never used the stuff. I did the same a alderman just take little bites unless the chain was really damaged then i went around twice...Bob

Latest posts

Back