let me run this through

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guff

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
atlanta georgia..formerly from massena, new york
i have walkerized dual port mufflers i put on my 440 and 066, from what i gather, the high speed adjust will make those work

i have a dual port for my 260, it has no high speed jet which i can tweek, so i took a spare face plate and drilled two equally sized holes above and below the existing outlet to put on my stock muffler as well, then i hear about the fixed jet, and i know, intellicarb or not, no worry right now.anyway, i'm not gonna attempt to change the jets or bore them out, i guess i'm gonna run the stock muffler and hope someday i can find somethin better....................

so are my 440 and 066 gonna be alright with a tweek??
and can i do somethin real simple to boost my 260?except buyin a husky? or havin gypo build me the second best 260 on the continent??.........................guff

Go back and re-read the threads on the 026 and Intellicarb. All opinions and remedies are the same, but this time they apply to YOU as well. Not much has changed in the 2-3 weeks since this was beaten to death.

Heck, I am in the middle of getting my 026 right and even I am sick of reading about it.

Hey Guff, it`s pretty easy getting the carb off the 260 and getting at the jet is a cinch. Here`s what you do. Remove the air filter cover and air filter, now roll the saw over and remove the one screw on the bottom of the handle at the back, this allows you to remove the grip trim. Now slide the throttle linkage sideways out of the throttle assembly, unscrew the two nuts holding the carb on and yank the carb out. Be careful with the fuel line. Jet removal was already described by Brian so I won`t rehash that and of course reassembly is the opposite of disassembly, just don`t get too carried away torquing those nuts down and make sure that the impulse nipple and fuel line are properly seated. I just heard of another alternative to the fixed jet carb from a friend. He is modifying the WT-495 off of the Dolmar 540 for the 026. This carb is bigger so it also gives more flow. Russ

Russ- you might be getting too much carb if you aren't careful. I spoke with Chris (Stihlman036) about the feasability of adapting an 036 carb to an 026 and he said his results were not great. Too much flow. I don't know what the flow is for the WT-495 or where it compares to the stock 026 or 036 carbs.

I located a stock 026 carb with fully adjustable jets for $35 (Thanks, Chris!) and it sounds great! I'll test it out Tuesday on a big removal I'm doing. I kept the top plate off the IgnoramusCarb so I wouldn't have to modify or swap the air filter.

Hey Brian, yeah I thought of that but the 495 probably doesn`t flow as much as the carb for the 036 seeing as how it`s off a ~54cc saw vs the ~ 60cc of the 036. At any rate, I`m getting set up with both the 495 and a fully adjustable 026 carb to test and see what works best with the Greffardized 260. I`ve also been told that the stock 46mm piston for an 028 has a nice dome to it and will run nicely in the bore of the 026 if you use the 028 1mm base gasket, gives her a little more zip. I haven`t been doing too much cutting lately with the 200" of snow we`ve had this year but I was using my Greffardized 357xp to blast up some firewood last night, what a trip. :D Russ

Back