Lets see your splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Show your splitters , ok lets see them , heres mine

TEDMI.

100_0019-1.jpg

100_0084.jpg

100_0083.jpg

DSCF5002.jpg

Latest pic would have a kohler, instead of a tecumseh, and a 16 gpm 2 stage pump instead of a belt driven single stage. Ya it sure is ugly and heavy but at least it weighs alot and isnt pretty.

Here is mine. It is absolutely home built and has been one of the best pieces of equipment my family has ever had. It was bought used, back in about 1986, then it wore a 5hp briggs, a different ram, and sat on a VW Bus front axle with the steering knuckles welded to keep the wheels straight. When the 5hp Briggs died it got an 8hp Briggs, when that died it got an 8hp Tecumseh. When it got a new ram we called Northern Tool and new brackets were fabbed to make it fit. Eventually one of the knuckle welds gave way, resulting in one wheel being toed in about 3". We got a Caravan rear axle and and slipped it underneath, thats also when it got painted red/black. I can't even begin to estimate the number of cord split with this splitter, but I do know most years it has handled a minimum of 8 cord and several years we split as many as 40 cord (2 semi loads) on it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

These are the only pictures I have right now. I took them last year during the first few days of use. Poor lighting is from late winter and camera phone (sorry).

Behind JD 4600:
splittertractor.jpg

Split some older red oak rounds:
splittertractor2.jpg

The reinforced toe plate:
splittertractor3.jpg

Man I never get tired of looking at homemade splitters!! I'll post some pics of mine when I can figure out how to get them off my phone

My vote is for

:givebeer:gandrimp's splitter it splits right into the bed of the truck um logsplitter bed

how long is that thing anyway?? 20' :yourock:

Latest posts

Back