Little dump trailer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirbuildalot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I picked this up a few months back. Mainly for the 3 Ford suitcase weights mounted to the front. They just happen to be the weights I've been looking to get for the 1700. He used them for a gravity down system. Never heard of these Supertilt trailers before I saw this one. Pretty stout unit. This model is rated at 2000 lbs, and is 4'x6'. Weighs over 800 lbs empty. Anyone else have a Supertilt trailer? Or want to promote another brand? I've had several other trailers in this size range. Namely a CMI (Country Manufacturing) dual axle trailer, and a couple homemade ones.

First thing I thought was, "Hey, an old Super Tilt". I remember them and thought they were well made. I have an 8X5 dump. It's a Pequea. When I got it it had brakes, 6 lug wheels, 5,000 gvw, lots of tie downs and a 5' drive on ramp, for $3500. The Brimar and Easy Dumper had the same size trailer for the same money, but they were rated 3500 pound, 5 lug wheels, no brakes, and no drive on ramp, so at the time it was a no brainer. Mines about 14 years old now and I had to replace the valve that lets the trailer back down. My dealer no longer carries Pequea. He said shortly after I got mine they just sky rocketed in price. I sure love mine, glad I got it when I did.

Here is one of the ones I made

Another homemade one I made from a boat trailer

This ones a OEM Case/Ingersoll dump cart. Rated at 1000 lbs. For such a small trailer its built very rugged. has a 1" axle.

This one was made to pull people around at tractor shows, etc.

This one I really regret selling. It is a Country Manufacturing trailer. Has a tandem axle walking beam design. Rated at 2500 lbs, I made a larger 4' x 7' bed for it. Found it a 1/2 mile from my folks house. Paid 250 for it. The PO really overloaded it with sheep manure and bent the frame. I fabricated a new frame out of heavier duty angle iron. Has 1" axles with full length roller bearings. Kind of a strange feature. Biggest thing I didn't like about it was the dump angle was way too shallow for anything to dump out. I think it was around 37 degrees. In my experience 50-55 degrees is best. Before I found the Supertilt, I thought a lot about getting the Country Manufacturing 4 x 8 tandem axle dump trailer rated at 4000 lbs. Has a steeper dump angle and cylinder mount. The one I had used a bottle jack which wasn't very good.

Nice score on the super-tilt looks like a well built trailer. All of my dump trailers are home-built trailers. Most are projects some one started and never finished. The nicest mid size trailer I have is a old 73 3/4 ton chevy pickup box trailer that I put a hoist kit on that Surplus center in Lincoln Ne sold 30 years ago. That trailer has hauled a lot of firewood, top soil,wood chips,rock and lot of other things in 30 years. It has a power pack with battery to run the hoist. It now sports one ton springs.

I built my wood wagon a couple years ago. I posted the build on here. I wish I had a hydraulic dump trailer like that. I waste a lot of time and energy picking the wood out of the trailer and throwing it into the pile. 4x6 is a good size too for getting through tight spots. Nice super tilt.

Latest posts

Back