Long Bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really? in hardwood? full compliment chain or skip? 3/8"? well a 365xtorq is 0.1kW more powerful apparently so ought to pull the same I guess. I'd not expected it to pull a 32" bar
If theres wood big enough at Steve's gtg I'll see if @nomad_archer will put a 32 on his 365and see how it goes.

No but I looked it up and read it's not much harder then pine or poplar. It wasn't ment to be a personal thing.

No but I looked it up and read it's not much harder then pine or poplar. It wasn't ment to be a personal thing.

We have oak out here as well as alder, red alder if you look at it wrong or don’t have the speed and power will kill you quick. It’s known to chair like no ones business and always seems to grow up following a hillside vs straight up.
aa46e85dc38c0e41ac66648f783b7d9b.jpg
4f1e09e1da29c5ba9d2503f268f48ac5.jpg

Same alder it’ll twist, pull, and chair in a blink of an eye.
No offense taken we always hear how hard east coast oaks are or this or that there’s reasons stuff on the wet coast are done this way. We do different cuts like a coos back cut, humbodlt faces, block faces, you normally won’t see us boring or back strapping, heck we even run different chain for speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Skeans, you guys get much Oak there in the Coast Range?
Here in the Cascades we don't see much Oak, that is more commonly planted stuff in the Urban areas, Wish we saw more Oak up here on Hood.
Down around Grants Pass and Medford you see some Scrub Oak, but those ain't really all that big for the most part.
Up in my neck of the woods, for firewooding, D Fir is King with Hemlock and if your Lucky some Tamarack or Alder thrown in.

Doug :cheers:

Hey Skeans, you guys get much Oak there in the Coast Range?
Here in the Cascades we don't see much Oak, that is more commonly planted stuff in the Urban areas, Wish we saw more Oak up here on Hood.
Down around Grants Pass and Medford you see some Scrub Oak, but those ain't really all that big for the most part.
Up in my neck of the woods, for firewooding, D Fir is King with Hemlock and if your Lucky some Tamarack or Alder thrown in.

Doug :cheers:

I’m about 15 minutes to the west of where oak starts on hwy 30 naturally, but nothing like in the valley, a few years ago we did a job in Gaston for lets say the zoo owners that had some nice large natural oak that one had to be taken for crew safety. Seen like the valley has quite a selection of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If theres wood big enough at Steve's gtg I'll see if @nomad_archer will put a 32 on his 365and see how it goes.

I have a 28" for the 365xt but not a 32. Do you have one laying around that will fit it? Its not going to hurt anything but I wouldn't expect much from that saw with a 32" bar.

Since I sold this one with the 52" bar I've had a huge inferiority complex, the biggest thing I have now is a 45".
BrBZ6gJ.jpg

In this pile there are 3 36's, 1 30, 4 24/25's and some ickle's
Wt6HR0V.jpg

The 45" is in the basement on the C72. I've been wearing a Rodney Dangerfield mask hoping none of my friends will see me with an Ickle bar in my hand!

Since I sold this one with the 52" bar I've had a huge inferiority complex, the biggest thing I have now is a 45".
BrBZ6gJ.jpg

Wt6HR0V.jpg

The 45" is in the basement on the C72. I've been wearing a Rodney Dangerfield mask hoping none of my friends will see me with an Ickle bar in my hand!
I have a C-52 with a 28"? maybe 30" bar.. Barely pulls that in deep wood.. I don't run it very often. Just when I'm showing off. The 72 bigger than the 52?. Must be to pull that much chaiin around the horn.. By the way.. .. Nice stable.. Cheers,

BrBZ6gJ.jpg

Wt6HR0V.jpg

The Stihl and 150 Homie look a little out of place with that big artillery. Just saying.. I think that's a 150

I have a C-52 with a 28"? maybe 30" bar.. Barely pulls that in deep wood.. I don't run it very often. Just when I'm showing off. The 72 bigger than the 52?. Must be to pull that much chaiin around the horn.. By the way.. .. Nice stable.. Cheers,
The C52 is 77 CC's and the C72 is 80 CC's. I bought the 45" bar for one of the Super 1050's but was too lazy to pull the 36 off, and I didn't have a chain for it yet. So, I put it on the C72 for a photo op. The 1050 pulls the 36 and 24 through Oak with no felt difference, so I wanted a bigger bar to see if it would pull it down. Problem is, it's hard to find Oak over 40" around here.The 45 will max out my 36" mill so I might get a few more crotch pieces through it.

Latest posts

Back