Lowe's exclusive Log splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjoec

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any differences with the Swisher log splitters that are sold at Lowe's.
The Model #'s are different than other Swisher model. I could not find any information on the internet about the LS6522B. When I asked Swisher they said it was a model made and sold exclusively for Lowes.

Any info would be appreciated.

Does anyone have any knowledge of why Lowe's has exclusive models?????????????
Are they of the same quality as other swisher splitters.........

CaseyForrest said:
Here Lowes only sells the MTD/Troy Bilt splitter.

Lowes exclusive, or Home Depot exclusive are usually just a sticker or paint.
No lowes here , i agree with CF on just a sticker or paint. Some times it might just be the only store that has the extra 1/2 horse motor model or some bs like that . Swisher log splitters are great . I own the 25 ton 8.5 hp briggs model . 4 years , about 15+ cords a year per me , my brother - his son & my dad uses it every year.

I have heard, but can not confirm, that both Lowes and Home Depot receive specially built products from some manufacturers purportedly built using some cheaper parts in order to meet a certain price point dictated by the big box stores themselves.

Don't get me wrong...I shop at Home Depot all the time. But there must be some reason for the special lines of Home Depot/Lowes-only major manufacturer products, and that explanation is as good as any....and better than most.

Bottom line....check the Lowes version you are buying against the regular version, and look for subtle differences.

BANJOEC...if u need a splitter for a weekend, you are welcome to use mine.
long time, no hear!! how u been?

log spliters

I h have the Yardman by MTD from HD.Had it 3 years and no problems.The only difference I found was The matching one on the internet was 22 ton,Hd was 21 ton.They say to keep the oil res. 3 1/2 down from the top.In winter that was fine.This early summer (80 degrees) I was using it and oil started blowing out the vent big time!One hell of a expandtion.It's 5HP and it takes everything I throw at it.Even 18" pin oak.With this heat wave I can't get anything done.362 xpg gas starts boiling after 1/2 tank.I shut it down and grab 359.Sweat so bad can't see my feet(heat index 115 degrees)When that happens it's the end of the day.I like walking.:deadhorse:
Ed

314epw said:
It's 5HP and it takes everything I throw at it.Even 18" pin oak.

Good to know it handles the small stuff alright. Wonder how it would do with my 30" rounds of oak? :hmm3grin2orange:

hd log splitter

I've done up to 24 " red and white oak.Log usually splits before it's anywhere near full extention.For my self I can't see the need for a larger engine or splitter.Yes if I was doing it professionally for sale,but for 15 to twenty cords a year, it's great for me.I use 103 octane and get a much longer run time per tank of gas.Justifies the additional expense.
Ed

Another thing that goes on with these so called "exclusive" models is that in addition to paint and decals, they are given a unique SKU number. The reason for this is so that no one can get a lower price on the "same" model somewhere else and then force the store to honor their low price guarantee.

Hey Vman, I've been trying to contact you. I just sent you a message with my new e-mail address.

Spike60 and Sap, those are 2 very good reasons for the different model #s.

Back