Maruyama Top Handle Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard the Stihl MS201t is not getting the rave reviews the 200t got. I also heard the two saws are night and day different in power. I was looking at a good alternative without buying a used saw or buying one that cost an arm and a leg. Any suggestions on a top handel saw that will hold up and last.

The brand is known for high quality stuff among landscapers.

Take a look at the IPL. You will find a vertically split crank inside a plastic shell much like the MS150

Looks like a copy of the Oleo Mac GS260/Zenoah 2500.

I have the Oleo Mac version and like it a lot. Small and not a powerhouse but it does the job nicely. I made a little comparison video some time ago.

edit: just looked at the specification. 30.1cc, so it isn't the above. After looking at the echo site it does look like a echo.

I heard the Stihl MS201t is not getting the rave reviews the 200t got. I also heard the two saws are night and day different in power. I was looking at a good alternative without buying a used saw or buying one that cost an arm and a leg. Any suggestions on a top handel saw that will hold up and last.

A 201t can be made to hunt like a 200t with a few mods. Here are a couple threads from Brad:

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/modding-the-new-ms201t-the-truth-inside.185736/

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/revisiting-the-ms201t.227172/

Brad can hook you up with a 201t like in these threads. Otherwise, the echo 355t gets good reviews, as does the J-red 2139t,,,,for less money than a 201t. Carry on

Never heard of them before. It does not look like a match to anything exactly.

Never used their saws but they're weed eaters were pretty good quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are known for quality trimmers but saws are rebranded as far as I know. one is a dolly...don't know who makes the top handle for them.

Here is the one dolmar built that they retagged. We have a thread on them on Chainsaw Repair site.

MCV51.jpg

If you check their homepage their picturers of the "multi cutter system" have the shinndaiwa circular balde cutting system. So don't know where they get their stuff from but they obviously buy from the right companies. And they sure are convinced of their products by offering 5 year comercial warrenty on their trimmers/bruschcutters!

Not a match - it's got the two fill caps in the front, but other than that it is quite different. I looked at Tanaka, Shindaiwa, Echo, Zenoah, Efco, even the Chinese Zhongjian Tools Manufacture Co. - I didn't see any top handles that matched, especially with that dogleg on the lower handle. But those were only current offerings, so maybe it's an older saw?

The rear handle version is even stranger looking:
MCV31R-chainsaw-Rhandle.sm_1.jpg

Both have caps up front... I see the handle mounts different but the echo has a manufactured spot where the man whatever goes...

Not a match - it's got the two fill caps in the front, but other than that it is quite different. I looked at Tanaka, Shindaiwa, Echo, Zenoah, Efco, even the Chinese Zhongjian Tools Manufacture Co. - I didn't see any top handles that matched, especially with that dogleg on the lower handle. But those were only current offerings, so maybe it's an older saw?

The rear handle version is even stranger looking:
MCV31R-chainsaw-Rhandle.sm_1.jpg

That is clearly a Echo clone of some type!

imagegen.ashx

Probably similar to Husqvarna / Jonsered change a few things in the plastic and everyone is happy.

And if you look at the pic posted of the TH above there is a tab/cover of some type directly underneath the Echo emblem on the side of the pull start housing. Wouldn't be amazed if you could find a mounting point of some type there.

Pretty sure it is this, but I cannot find a picture of the other side:
ea3100t-chain.jpg

Makita EA3100T30B. Which I guess would make it a Dolmar?

EDIT - Here it is:
$_35.JPG

Back