Mastermind Meets The MS441C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the original box...but wonder if that is a good move.....going thru customs and all.

good question. make the box and saw look used or 2nd hand i guess.

You don't want to use a box with the Stihl or Husky brand on it. A plain box is best, keep the curiosity of nosy customs officials to a minimum.

I always put "small engine parts" on the description and remove the spark plug.

Just a quick question about compression. You brought the saw up to 185lbs not broken in, correct? So I know that number will rise as it breaks in, but I thought for a good worksaw you wanted ~200lbs if its ported? I'm also a parts replacer at best, so I might be totally wrong, but other than the crank snapping, why wouldn't you raise the compression more?
Thanks,
Jack

Now here's a little trick for getting the impluse and fuel line, and the throttle cable connected.

Take this one av mount loose.

Great work Randy, I did not realize this was here! I'm sure you will love that 441. Mine always ran strong and gave me no troubles, just did not need that and the 044 both, and that 10mm 044 is a saw I will not let go of. The only drawback of the 441 is that new anti vibe handle sticks out a little too far on the right. If you are dropping and bucking no problem, but if you want to cut the stump close to the ground, or cut a stump level that is wider than your bar, it can be a nuisance. With your porting job, I'm sure this saw will have all the power you will ever need.

MustangMike

And remove this bushing.

That allows the tank to drop down enough to get in there to work......barely.

Leaving the jug bolts out helps a bunch during this part too.

Note that the throttle cable is behind the fuel, and impulse lines.....

I use a Foredom to power my handpieces.

I use several different handpieces, the #28, #30, #44, and the CC Specialties 182MC.

I use burrs and bits ranging from fluted milling bits to diamond burrs......

You are welcome.

I came here not knowing how to work on a saw at all.......it was because of those that came before me, that were willing to share their knowledge, that I was able to begin to gain an understanding of chainsaws. It seems to me that I am indebted to this site, and it's members.......so I have to give back what was freely given to me.

You are welcome.

I came here not knowing how to work on a saw at all.......it was because of those that came before me, that were willing to share their knowledge, that I was able to begin to gain an understanding of chainsaws. It seems to me that I am indebted to this site, and it's members.......so I have to give back what was freely given to me.
Seriously. That's awesome of you. I am just starting with chainsaw work. I have run them since my early teens but am just now learning to repair and make small mods. I have a basic understanding of the gas powered engine but there is so much more than I ever thought. I'm trying now to learn porting and more advanced performance mods. If you don't mind when I get in a jam or have a question can I call upon you? There is another guy named brad who has been real cool to me. And roncoin is a good guy too. Got to meet him last month and check out his collection. Quite nice. Thanks again. Josh

Back