• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

McCulloch 35 chainsaw

Stoneharvester

Stoneharvester

So, I have been reading this website for years, as I have quite a decent collection of antique / obsolete chainsaws. Mostly Homelite, but two days ago, I picked up an old McCulloch 35 at a yard sale just because it was old and weird.

Anyhow, these saws were made between 1957 and 1959. 55cc, kinda tall and narrow, and has a bevel gear transmission for reduction.

Spent a good day disassembling, cleaning, and getting spark back...... it runs now, but I am pretty sure the fuel pump diaphragm is shot, ( looked at it and it's seen better days ) and the primer plunger rubbers are toast.

Kind of a weirdo saw, but I would love to get it working good enough to cut some wood and play around with it.

Does anyone know of any source for parts for these old Macs? I can basically get anything for Homelite, but this Mac carburetor is Mac specific, as I am sure the fuel pump is too. It's like nothing I have ever seen before, yet seems like a very simple design. It was a snap to clean, and the reed valve is very accessible.

Anyhow, not wanting to write a novel, so thanks in advance for any help and thanks for creating such a cool web forum for chainsaws!

heimannm

heimannm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Watch eBay as those diaphragms come up from time to time. McCulloch also produced a wide range of attachments for the 33/35/39 models.

IMG_1234.JPG

Mark