McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand? No, what? That's only one shelf and I have 7 shelves. Now, I had to look at my wife, with the Homelite 770G with 24" bar sitting on the front of her new Lexus, saying, NO, it's not my fault! I lost that battle.

Duh, now I get it, she was saying "no", to you amassing that big of a batch of yellow.

NO means maybe sometimes I have found out in the last 45 years with her. I just have to catch her in the right mood.
I really can't whine to much. Last July I had 5 saws. I now have 19 with two freebies on the way.
She don't mind the freebies.

Decomp is 11 mil. My set goes 10, 12, 13, etc. I found an 11 end wrench and got it out a quarter turn at a time. Cleaned the plug and it goes in and out now. Comp went from ZERO to 30PSI. In the morning I'll pull the muffler and take a peak inside. 30 still seems awful low. If I can find a bolt that thread can I put it in to rule out a leaking decomp?

Decomp is 11 mil. My set goes 10, 12, 13, etc. I found an 11 end wrench and got it out a quarter turn at a time. Cleaned the plug and it goes in and out now. Comp went from ZERO to 30PSI. In the morning I'll pull the muffler and take a peak inside. 30 still seems awful low. If I can find a bolt that thread can I put it in to rule out a leaking decomp?

She's toast:( unless there is a drastic leak or your compression test can't lie straight in bed lol

Regarding that mcculloch lawnmower posted earlier, does anyone have an educated guess as to its approximate size without the handlebars attached?
As it turns out, I think my truck is going to be unavailable to me for a few days around the time the listing ends, so I'm trying to figure out if it's small enough to squeeze into the back seat of my sedan.
It doesn't look very big, but photos can be deceiving. I tried contacting the seller but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

The compression release requires a 7/16" deep socket. McCulloch referenced an old Craftsman 3/8" drive deep socket part number that had a thin enough profile to fit down in there but others will also work.

McKid - Sounds like it may be time to replace the truck...

Cliff - show here these photos and let her know I have half again that many more just in the 10 Series.

20200620_171406.jpg

20200716_195348.jpg

From the SP60 IPL dated December, 1973.

1607134743981.png

Mark

The compression release requires a 7/16" deep socket. McCulloch referenced an old Craftsman 3/8" drive deep socket part number that had a thin enough profile to fit down in there but others will also work.

McKid - Sounds like it may be time to replace the truck...

Cliff - show here these photos and let her know I have half again that many more just in the 10 Series.

View attachment 871990

View attachment 871991

View attachment 871992

Mark

Thank you Mark. Have you come across many? The only photo online I can find with 1 is yours

I think I bought a couple from either Bob Johnson or Discount Marine. They were available at one time, not sure if there are still any around to be had.

Mark

Ahh right. Not a bad idea I like starting my 82s on the ground if no log around. Prefer a log though I don't like the way they rev hard on the presence lever type high idle.

People have asked about condensers a couple times, and Homelites have been mentioned as replacement as the Macs are NLA/hard to find. Thought I'd put up a comparison pic of a Homelite (Phelon) I just picked up. Darn near identical size wise, just need to trim that tab up a bit to fit a Mac. Seem to be available and relatively cheap.

20201130_220549.jpg

People have asked about condensers a couple times, and Homelites have been mentioned as replacement as the Macs are NLA/hard to find. Thought I'd put up a comparison pic of a Homelite (Phelon) I just picked up. Darn near identical size wise, just need to trim that tab up a bit to fit a Mac. Seem to be available and relatively cheap.

View attachment 872000

Ed is the condenser guy and has used a heap and mini macs supply

Do you know more about these boot pad things?
Sorry but not really. Just read it was part of the cold weather kit as in marks sp60 pics. The boot pad(for winter boits), rubber handle, muffler deflector and air filter and air filter cover, and i think a handguard for the fuel tank.

Do you know more about these boot pad things?

As usual Mark beat me too it. Part 23 is a hand protector in the event of a thrown chain. Notice the orientation. It is not a boot pad, though I guess you could flip it over to use as a toe catch.

The discussed tank mounted hand guard is rather cool looking - and could be useful to keep your hand out of the chain in situations where you might lose your forward grip.

An open DSP should not result in zero compression - otherwise your saw would never start. An 82cc ten series should crank and run with the valve stuck open.
Ron

Latest posts

Back