McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a couple more cleaned up and ready to go on display, as you can see both are based on the 33/35/39 powerhead.

20200304_180940.jpg

20200304_181023.jpg

20200305_171405.jpg

20200305_165231.jpg

20200305_165254.jpg

Mark

Well, unfortunately you guys may not be hearing much from me anymore. Since the updates to the forum, it no lo get works with my tapatalk app. I dont own a computer anymore so my only way to get in here is from a mobile device. It is very hard to try to navigate in my phone's web browser. The same thing happened with ********** a couple years ago and I havent been back. I hope it gets figured out.

I always use a browser from my phone. Can't stand Tapatalk. New format works the same as the old one with a browser. Get notifications via email. Click link. Browser opens and takes you to the thread/post. Navigate like you would on a computer. That said, I can't imagine they'd just abandon all the Tapatalk users. Makes no sense unless it's a security measure of some kind that addresses a major vulnerability between XenForo and Tapatalk...., or a major disagreement between the two parties.

Can I ask you what browser you are using Poge? It is terrible with the samsung default web browser. I got so used to using Tapatalk.... I really liked the structure of it.

It's Chrome on my older LG (which has seen better days). Pretty sure any Android will have Chrome installed. Tapatalk was a while back for me and took over my phone so I dumped it and haven't checked for improvements since. Most of my forum activity is with my laptop anyway. How else could I write all those long-ass boring posts?

Ok, It is much more tolerable in chrome. How do I just to the first u read reply in a thread though?

I got the DE80 parts saw that I bought from Mark,it arrived yesterday.I can't really do much until I get a few screws 'n such from Bob Johnson to get the recoil back together.
I'm also waiting on a muffler from Bob for the Super 6-10A.I did get the air filter & cover that I bought on Feebay,so I can get a couple of pics on here now that ity looks like a saw.
Ed

Things like this new format are continueing upgrades. They are out of our hands. Typically its a software update due to the "old" version being obsolete. The software is not supported anymore by the manufacturer or writers and it will no longer operate or function with more modern systems such as our phones or computers. Thats why our phones get updated and computers get updates all the time. Little bugs get in them that need repaired or the software is not supported. Its inconvenient for most but a necessary evil. Once we all get used to this one, guess what....it will change again so that it will function with our new updated phones and computer software. Windows is a great example, today you cannot by a computer with a version of windows95. Remember how great that was? Now it is gone. Ok enough nerding.....off to the saw shop.

North East Tennessee Saturday MAC Report

Beautiful cool day in North East Tennessee, temperatures started in the thirties now up to fifty. There is a little frosting of snow on the mountain tops.
IMG_5086.JPGIMG_5085.JPG

Brian must have been misbehaving this week as the powers that be sentenced him to the wood pile. I got clean up duty at one of our cutting sites. Maybe they are just trying to cut down on our adventures. Anyway my PM700 got another workout. Ditching the leather drivers for a pair of dipped fabric gloves really helps my hand survive the vibes. The PM700 must get twice the mileage as the PM800 or so it seems.

IMG_5080.JPG

On the way out I discovered a dead Ash that we had overlooked. Thought it wise to not use the brush barred PM700, so I put it down with the off-brand, some off-brand wedges and an off-brand axe. I love the little axe but it is way too light for pounding wedges. It worked but I would not recommend it. It does work well as a pickeroon.
!!! GOGGLE ALERT for off-brand sensitive eyes!!!
IMG_5083.JPG

Clean-up aisle 4. Like most dead Ash this one exploded upon impact. Fortunately, a few men with a crew of inmates came out and cleaned while I loaded logs.

Ron

This valuable report is provided through the the generous support of MacNuts like you and Blind Squirrel Falling, one of America's greatest imaginary businesses.

Hi guys, been buying way too many mac saws over the years... Haha. I'll be picking up a pro mac 10 10 today with a for sure blown out piston and jug that I'll be needing to find at the very least those parts for. Probably would be nice to do all seals and bearings while I'm at it.

Also have a question about a Pro Mac 650 that I picked up. Haven't really dug into it yet but I was trying to start with figuring out what year it was made? Model is 600046D and the Serial is 11-023261. Has an HDB L2 Walbro carburetor in it. Had the 20" roller nose bar on er' but it's got a chip out near the end that kinda concerns me for the chain being able to possibly jump out so I might have to switch the bar which is a shame because it looks so darn cool! If I had a better welding ability and flat disk I might try to just redneck fix it.

Well guys here she is! The 5-10 lives! Installed the new check valve today, swapped the carbs back over and she runs like a swiss watch. This one is going to be fun. New bucking spike and a 24" Oregon bar and chain. Super light weight compared to the PM700. I'm supposed to have a load of logs delivered tomorrow so I will be able to put her through her paces.
2942632ab2cc070786127dc9b7688548.jpg
1517c5d8ba24cc4d8693ef8578462812.jpg
4477f19fdbff69c9471cd496605b72d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back