McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, this saw does not have external mixture adjustments. I noticed when tuning, the air filter is very restrictive, like a half turn on the high jet. Makes me wonder what difference a velocity stack or something would make on one of these.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well guys here she is! The 5-10 lives! Installed the new check valve today, swapped the carbs back over and she runs like a swiss watch. This one is going to be fun. New bucking spike and a 24" Oregon bar and chain. Super light weight compared to the PM700. I'm supposed to have a load of logs delivered tomorrow so I will be able to put her through her paces.
2942632ab2cc070786127dc9b7688548.jpg
1517c5d8ba24cc4d8693ef8578462812.jpg
4477f19fdbff69c9471cd496605b72d0.jpg

Nice 1 Kevin. Love that muffler it looks real good. The 700 is heavy but atleast it has grunt the pm10-10 is just as heavy but without the grunt.

I notice it's got a left hand pull handle on it too

Nice 1 Kevin. Love that muffler it looks real good. The 700 is heavy but atleast it has grunt the pm10-10 is just as heavy but without the grunt.

I notice it's got a left hand pull handle on it too
You mean right hand? lol. Yes, the 1-10 through 6-10 and the early 10-10 where all right hand start.

Took the 850 out to the lump of wood I left for testing purposes. Tank of gas gone and oil for 12 cuts in eucalyptus with the 32 inch buried.
Screenshot_20200308-134855_Gallery.jpg

Oiler is acting up it pours out oil when idling and lower revs but seems to be running dry in high rpm and needs to be manually pumped and also seems to lose its prime too so iduno will pull it out and have a fiddle

Well guys here she is! The 5-10 lives! Installed the new check valve today, swapped the carbs back over and she runs like a swiss watch. This one is going to be fun. New bucking spike and a 24" Oregon bar and chain. Super light weight compared to the PM700. I'm supposed to have a load of logs delivered tomorrow so I will be able to put her through her paces.
2942632ab2cc070786127dc9b7688548.jpg
1517c5d8ba24cc4d8693ef8578462812.jpg
4477f19fdbff69c9471cd496605b72d0.jpg

I bet the muffler sounds Boss, I love the 24" bar from Oregon on the macs. I wish Oregon would make a version of that bar in reduced weight to try out on the lighter mag saws that would be a great combination.

I bet the muffler sounds Boss, I love the 24" bar from Oregon on the macs. I wish Oregon would make a version of that bar in reduced weight to try out on the lighter mag saws that would be a great combination.
The muffler does sound good, not as loud as I thought it would be. That's a large husky mount bar. I had it laying around so I modded it to fit. Still need to make a spacer to take up some slop in the slot.

The muffler does sound good, not as loud as I thought it would be. That's a large husky mount bar. I had it laying around so I modded it to fit. Still need to make a spacer to take up some slop in the slot.

Well if you'd like the same bar in d176 mount is significantly cheaper on Amazon, it 81DL .

Well guys here she is! The 5-10 lives!

'Bout time ya got one to cooperate!

I wish Oregon would make a version of that bar in reduced weight to try out on the lighter mag saws that would be a great combination.

There are a couple of options there including Oregon, though a Husky mount may indeed be the way you'll need to go. Just recently did some shopping for a 24" lightweight bar and found Tsumura to be the best bang for the buck ( and lightest) and Oregon the most expensive. Sugihara was right in the middle. Deals pop up all the time, so it's definitely worth being patient and shopping around for the lightweights.

I may have spoke too soon. Went out tot he shop this morning yo find the saw sitting in a puddle of gasoline. Cylinder totally flooded, plug soaked. Thinking a spec of dirt in the needle or something. I got it cleared out and running. The carb passed a pressure test before installing it. May have to take it apart again.

'Bout time ya got one to cooperate!

There are a couple of options there including Oregon, though a Husky mount may indeed be the way you'll need to go. Just recently did some shopping for a 24" lightweight bar and found Tsumura to be the best bang for the buck ( and lightest) and Oregon the most expensive. Sugihara was right in the middle. Deals pop up all the time, so it's definitely worth being patient and shopping around for the lightweights.
Screenshot_20200308-143232_Samsung Internet.jpg
I'm talking cheap. Do you find them cheaper then this?

Wow that is cheap
Little secret for you McCulloch guys most dip sh$@ts don't check what bar mount they have and order the wrong one from Amazon, then return it. Being that Amazon is a company that is rating reliant they cant sell it as "new" so it goes to Amazon warehouse deals to be sold as refurbished or used. Most of the time the packaging is beat up but the bar has never been mounted , I bought a 36" powermatch for my big homelite for 42$ . Patience helps and searching for weird brands like silver streak or redmax, right now there's some 28" big husky mount for 45$ and I'm sure they're just rebrands of Oregon Power match bars.

Little secret for you McCulloch guys most dip sh$@ts don't check what bar mount they have and order the wrong one from Amazon, then return it. Being that Amazon is a company that is rating reliant they cant sell it as "new" so it goes to Amazon warehouse deals to be sold as refurbished or used. Most of the time the packaging is beat up but the bar has never been mounted , I bought a 36" powermatch for my big homelite for 42$ . Patience helps and searching for weird brands like silver streak or redmax, right now there's some 28" big husky mount for 45$ and I'm sure they're just rebrands of Oregon Power match bars.

That's cunning and thanks for sharing your secrets with us

Back