McCulloch Pro Mac 700 & 7-10A

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkbait

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I had some more pics and a video that I wanted to post. The 7-10A is waiting on a new chain from Bailey's. They both run very good. The 7-10A is like brand new. I put a different muffler cover on the 7-10A to make it sound more like the 700, it's the reed valve style muffler.

Here is the 700
DSC02121.jpg

DSC02122.jpg

DSC02123.jpg

DSC02124.jpg

And here is the 7-10A
DSC02113.jpg

DSC02114.jpg

DSC02115.jpg

DSC02116.jpg

And here is a video of the 700 running out of gas.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PqEkDjN1yqs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PqEkDjN1yqs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

nice 700. i received mine last week, but it still sits where it landed in the shop. maybe this weekend i can play with it a little. i thought it would be a little lighter. it weighs 15lb 12oz pho w/o fluids.

is this essentially the same saw as the 7-10? i know that is several years lag bw the dc of the 7-10 and the intro of the 700, but they sure look similar. have you ever run your 250? how does it compare? i have had one for 6 mons an i have never put the b/c on it.

I like the way my 7-10 works and would run it over the 200/250/300/1-46 etc. any day. It may just be that this one is in better shape but I think for most work it is a much more practical saw.

I have had a chance to put the 550 into a bigger log and expect that it would out perform the 7-10, but that's comparing 99 cc's to 70 cc's so it should. I would much rather carry the 7-10 in any case.

I'm still looking for a 700, but not too aggressively as I have a lot of other saws waiting attention right now.

Mark

nice 700. i received mine last week, but it still sits where it landed in the shop. maybe this weekend i can play with it a little. i thought it would be a little lighter. it weighs 15lb 12oz pho w/o fluids.

is this essentially the same saw as the 7-10? i know that is several years lag bw the dc of the 7-10 and the intro of the 700, but they sure look similar. have you ever run your 250? how does it compare? i have had one for 6 mons an i have never put the b/c on it.

I have never ran the 250 yet. It's at the bottom of the totem pole at the moment. I plan on fully restoring the 250 because it was my grandfather's. I have nevery really compared the 700 and 7-10 yet, but I plan to. I did notice that my 700 full of fluids with a 20" bar and chain is lighter than my Husqvarna 272xp full of fluids with a 20" bar.

I like the way my 7-10 works and would run it over the 200/250/300/1-46 etc. any day. It may just be that this one is in better shape but I think for most work it is a much more practical saw.

I have had a chance to put the 550 into a bigger log and expect that it would out perform the 7-10, but that's comparing 99 cc's to 70 cc's so it should. I would much rather carry the 7-10 in any case.

I'm still looking for a 700, but not too aggressively as I have a lot of other saws waiting attention right now.

Mark

My 700 is a little more snappier, if that is a word, than my 7-10. I think that it might have something to do with the types of ignitions on the saws. The 700 is electronic and the 7-10 has points. The 7-10 has more compression though. I have never tested it, but I am sure that it is close to 180. That will be something that I do next.

You have 2 really nice saws!!!!

Suprised how good a shape both are but the 7-10A is sweet.Looks like it hardly been used.....I'm like what you said about the PM700 being snappy...Torque wize what I experanced is the same..Congrats on 2 nice saws you have!!!

Suprised how good a shape both are but the 7-10A is sweet.Looks like it hardly been used.....I'm like what you said about the PM700 being snappy...Torque wize what I experanced is the same..Congrats on 2 nice saws you have!!!

Thanks! I will get to use them both this Saturday at a local Heritage Festival. I will be taking all of my McCullochs and a few others. Dean will be bringing a pile of running two-man saws to the show as well. My girlfriend backed out of coming to the show with us, so I don't know who I will get to make videos of us cutting. Hopefully I will have some though that I can post on Monday.

Would enjoy seein a vid. of the 7-10A...

Let us know what ya think after you get your new chain in and run em both...

Cheap Stinkbait

I happen to know that this "Stinkbait" fella has only got $40 in that PM700.
He ought to sell it for $45 to one of you just for asking you to watch a saw give out of gas. I'd just as soon see somebody fill one with gas.
Seriously, he does buy these saws for almost nothing from poor old widowed ladies who take the proceeds and give it all to their church. I'm surprised he hasn't thought of becoming the pastor so as to get his money back and start over again.....................
Really?, No, not really. Stinkbait is a good guy who helps me when he can with my two-mans and posts the videos of all our stuff for hopefully y'alls enjoyment. We'll be 4 miles north of Brookneal, Va. 8-15-09 AT Wm. Campbell
High School running saws from 1945 to 1980s. Come if you can or just wait and see the vids..............much cheaper than modern travel.....Right Cheapbait,Er,Ah.......Stinkbait?
Igpoe (Dean C):givebeer:

I happen to know that this "Stinkbait" fella has only got $40 in that PM700.
He ought to sell it for $45 to one of you just for asking you to watch a saw give out of gas. I'd just as soon see somebody fill one with gas.
Seriously, he does buy these saws for almost nothing from poor old widowed ladies who take the proceeds and give it all to their church. I'm surprised he hasn't thought of becoming the pastor so as to get his money back and start over again.....................
Really?, No, not really. Stinkbait is a good guy who helps me when he can with my two-mans and posts the videos of all our stuff for hopefully y'alls enjoyment. We'll be 4 miles north of Brookneal, Va. 8-15-09 AT Wm. Campbell
High School running saws from 1945 to 1980s. Come if you can or just wait and see the vids..............much cheaper than modern travel.....Right Cheapbait,Er,Ah.......Stinkbait?
Igpoe (Dean C):givebeer:

Thanks Dean! About time you sign on and deliver your .02 worth.:)

welcome iggy,

i would be reluctant to admit openly that you cavort about with stinky. you might sully your reputation.

what kind of paired-person (how's that for PC?) saws do you have? lets see some pics.

welcome iggy,

i would be reluctant to admit openly that you cavort about with stinky. you might sully your reputation.

what kind of paired-person (how's that for PC?) saws do you have? lets see some pics.

This is a few of them that I have pics of. You can also search my threads for some of the others. He will have to chime in to give all the model names. I do know that he has about 13 two-man saws and several one-man saws as well.
DSC02016.jpg

DSC02069.jpg

DSC02012.jpg

Latest posts

Back